Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys! @Bruschetta, you know me by now man lol, somehow i always manage to add something loud to my outfits lol...
    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Comment

@MAxMan, FWIW, I'm generally a fan of loud shirts in otherwise more or less subdued outfits and I think you hit that nail right on the head here. I'm also quite jealous that H&M shirts fit you well enough to wear a tie with them. They fit me great in the body, but don't come close on the neck. Even a collar-extender wouldn't work, unless I fashioned one out of a bungie cord. Apparently turkey-necked gents aren't their target demographic.

Comment

@MaxMan 1st look is good...minus the PS as you mentioned. Think the sportcoat in the 2nd pic looks well. Not too sure about that mock neck tho
        "One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
        #StayDapper

Comment

ehhhh ....

All thrifted except for the J Crew shirt
          Pants and Sportcoat: Brooks Brothers
          Shoes: AE Strands

Comment

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
            ehhhh ....
            All thrifted except for the J Crew shirt
            Pants and Sportcoat: Brooks Brothers
            Shoes: AE Strands
            Jacket shoulders are entirely too big and too much room in the body. Sleeves are almost just right tho. Opt for a v-neck instead of a crewneck undershirt unless you plan on buttoning your shirt all the way up.
            "One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
            #StayDapper

Comment

@jonATL: Agreed with SDot concerning the size of the jacket. However, perhaps layering a sweater underneath will help fill it out? It has the benefit of being a thick, wintery jacket so it would go well with a sweater.

Comment

yeah, I thought so.

Comment

Let's be a little mindful of giving unsolicited fit advice in this thread - there's a separate thread for that. Not that anyone said anything rude, but I think it's worth keeping in mind.

Comment

@MaxMan: Nice hacking jacket, BTW! And the shoes are top notch. I really like the jacket in the first pic, too.

Comment

Oh! And for what it's worth, the dark fuzzy pic was taken on the same night as the red carpet pic. You can disregard the first one and just stick to the second one.

Comment

mensrea83.tumblr.com

Suit: J.G. Hook -- Thrifted $12
                        Shirt: Stafford -- $25
                        Tie: Yves Saint Laurent -- Father's tie collection given to me upon his retirement
                        Shoes: AE Park Ave: $100 eBay
                        Watch: Kenneth Cole -- Purchased in 2004 for around $100 IIRC

Comment

Iiiiiiii'm a boat captain...

Comment

@BB -- looks like you're floating a little bit, action shot? I couldn't pull off the orange shirt, but you've paired it nicely with the other autumnal colors here. It also detracts from the boat captain feel Only slight suggestion (as I have same issue with a pair of cords and my boatshoes) is that I might possibly consider going with another color of shoe, as the brown of the pants and shoes are relatively close.

Comment

@bruschetta, hornsup et all, thanks for the compliments!

@Max, nice to have you posting pics again! I really dig your style. I like both of those looks, especially the first minus the pocket square you mentioned.
                              @Jon, I feel like theres just too much space in the jacket on you. That and the bigger shoulders and wide lapel all kind of enhance that. Maybe look to have it slimmed? Pants shirt and shoes look good though! Jealous you found shoes that nice thrifting!
                              @BB, your fits are getting a lot more confident, consistent and refined by the day! Love the orange shirt with that fit, but agree the shoes should probably be a diff shade. But I def like the look!

@mr.mr., We have always offered our opinions, advice, etc... on this thread. It helped me to see and understand different peoples perspectives on my outfit, and adjust according to what I thought would work for me based on those suggestions, and my own review of the fit pic. I think the critiques (which have ALWAYS been presented extremely respectfully and positively) are very helpful! I personally think they definitely belong in this thread. You can always learn more!
                              Last edited by Focuspants; November 14, 2012, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I can only speak for myself, but I appreciate the constructive criticism. The "Does this fit" is a nice thread, but I just got great feedback about color from hornsup and focuspants that I hadn't considered until now.

@Max, looking great. Never would I have considered a hacking jacket (or whatever it's called) until Alan and you showed them. But now I want one.

@Focuspants, great fit and colors. You've got this down.

@Jon, everything's good but the fit. I think the textured coat is very cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X