Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SDot, I don't think the sneaks always look good in those circumstances, but I think it does here. Must be these particular sneakers.

Comment

@Shomas Agreed. I don't wear sneakers always. When I said I was a "sneakerhead" I was just implying that I will never NOT wear sneakers. All sneakers can not be pulled off with a blazer, so I agree with you there.

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
      #StayDapper

Comment

@Alan..

That burgundy blazer is outstanding. I've been drooling over a similarly colored one in the Indochino Deco collection...

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

J.Crew Ludlow blazer

LEC OCBD

Thrifted tie

Macy's tie bar

LEC cords

Ball watch

Fratelli Rossetti brown wingtips (not pictured)

The tie and cords are less clashy in real life than under my bathroom's fluorescents. The tie is a burgundy pin-dot and the cords are a tobacco brown.

Ben

Comment

@BenR: why you always gotta look so good man!

@BB: Love the colors! I think it would love better with a V-Neck sweater tho

Comment

@BB the guy at the top of this page on the SF WIWT thread happened to go for a zip up under a SC, and he wasnt met by a lynch mob, therefore I think youre okay :P

http://www.styleforum.net/t/234255/h...0#post_5859862

Comment

@BenR: Fresh! The LEC cords - are those the slim or straight? 508, 5 pocket, 528? Looks like a good fit, and I have been contemplating the 508s. nice work!

I will opt out on a pic of myself - I am working from home today....

Comment

@BB I wear a zip pullover under stuff all the time, and it looks alright. I think the trick is to layer a button-down underneath to keep it from being too casual, and pick something that looks as nice as possible (like you have there). But I think that casual touch with the rest of the formality works really well, and is something I enjoy doing. It helps you look put-together in a very laisse-faire way; dressed nice, but still approachable due to the casual piece.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, guys. In the future I think I'll do something like what Focuspants linked to -- wearing it with a more casual blazer with the collar popped (and jeans.) I'll do the v-neck with the suits from now on. I have never popped a collar before, but I think with a sweater under a blazer it doesn't look so bad.

JR, the shirt is a Tommy Hilfiger slim -- I got it at Marshall's.

Comment

@ j.r. - These were the vintage slim fits from last fall. Not the 5-pocket style. This pair fits me pretty well but LEC fit and sizing is all over the map.

BR jacket

LEC OCBD

Thrifted waistcoat

Thrifted tie

Macy's tie bar

Montana Silversmiths belt buckle

LEC chinos

Vintage Gruen watch

Thrifted vintage longwings

Ben

Comment

@BenR don't agree with the tie bar. The waistcoat performs the duty of holding the tie down, so the tie bar is not needed IMO. Otherwise, two looks are nice.

#StayDapper

Comment

Long time reader, first time WIWT poster. Forgive the horrible lighting.

Trying the mostly blue outfit today:

Shirt: JCP OCBD

Sweater: Merona

Jeans: Levis 501

Belt (not pictured): Costco

Socks: Merona

Shoes: JM Runnell

Watch: Timex w/ Marshalls strap

The sweater is not as billowy in the midsection as it appears here; I call it a trick of the crappy cell phone camera.

Comment

BenR: your vintage fit clothing just gave me this realization:

Comment

J.Crew BD / Nautica Wool Tie / BR Jacket

Comment

@Lance #StayDapper

#StayDapper

Comment

Working...
                                X