Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you load a picture? I want to submit my first one!

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
    -Maximus

Comment

@Eyerman: It's standard HTML markup using img tags.

Comment

Hate to say, but I don't know what that is. HA. I am an accountant, and decent with some aspects of a computer, this isn't one of them. I have it on my computer but dont know how to get it attached.

-Maximus

Comment

@Eyerman yea he said dig the look, but "drop the nikes."

@Brian jeans look a little baggy, but otherwise nice. How would you say the JCrew Factory tshirts fit? I've been eyeing them and looking to maybe grab some of the slim pocket t's.

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
          #StayDapper

Comment

Ah...missed it the first time. Got it this time.

-Maximus

Comment

@sDot those are the tshirts i have, the slim pocket tee from JCREW factory. they fit nice, not as slim as the JCREW slim pocket tee and in a perfect world, they would be a bit shorter but for the price they are hard to beat. very comfortable.

Comment

My first post, but have been lurking for months.

Shirt, Tie, and Socks = JCrew

Sweater = Target

Blazer & Pants = Gap

Shoes = Bass

-Maximus

Comment

I don't see it... what image host are you using?

There was some poster back in the day whose pics were never viewable for me, yet it seemed as though others could see them.

[Edit] I can see the image you posted in the other thread but not the one here.

Ben

Comment

Fixed! Should be up now.

-Maximus

Comment

@Eyerman - good look. I think I wore that same jacket, khakis, and socks last week... weird! Are those the ribbed green/navy/white/yellow socks from jcrew? i wear them every week and on weekends. super comfortable

Comment

Yes they are! I have a few of their socks. A few of them are falling apart on the heel. But these are holding up strong. And ha! That is weird.

-Maximus

Comment

I know the pants need slimming, but mainly I'm wondering if it looks weird to wear a sweater like this (zipper + collar) under a suit jacket. It's a linen-cotton suit, so it's very casual, but I'm still not sure it works.

Nice looks, guys. JR, you do look like you are Joe.

SDot, I could never get away with the sneakers and tailored clothes combination, because it would look forced, but I like it on you.

Alan, that jacket is crazy, in a good way.

Comment

@Eyerman: Great look all around. I like it.

@BB: Thanks on the jacket. I found it at a church-sponsored thrift store here in Dallas. It's really where I've found most of my stuff that's worth a damn. As for your sweater, I think the concept is valid. After all, if you can layer a quilted vest or a cardigan, why not a zipped sweater? I'm unsure of this specific implementation, though. Specifically, you're wearing a linen suit (warm weather clothes) with a sweater (cool weather clothes). Plus, you've got a lot of material going on around the neck. I'm guessing that's due to the sweater being a mock turtle neck. that may be the real root of any issues I'm seeing. I can't quite put my finger on it. How's the range of motion in the arms with that sweater underneath? That being said, it's a fantastic effort and it shows imagination. You'll never expand your limits if you're not willing to step outside your normal comfort zone, right?

Comment

@BB I like what you have going on there, but Alan is right... there is something going on in the collar department.

I wonder what the collar would look like popped? maybe both the sweater and the jacket, even? ...that might be too GQ-wannabe. but the collar on the sweater looks pinned-down and i think that is the cause of the second-guessing.

again, i still like the look! who makes the shirt?

Comment

@BB this looks good. Loving the layering and I think if you un-tucked the collar from the sweater to just go straight up, it would look perfect.

Agree with @Alan in regards to the different materials though.

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
                                #StayDapper

Comment

Working...
                                X