Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

j.r. looks great. Agree with the sliming of the sweater. Also digging the guitar in the background.

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
    -Maximus

Comment

Slimming sweaters? is that an expensive process or does it cost about the same as slimming a dress shirt? I've never heard of this before!

Comment

@j.r. looks good. Like you said, go with a slim fit sweater from now on.

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
        #StayDapper

Comment

Thanks, guys. I have the same in navy slim fit - looks much better, but i am not a fan of navy sweaters with almost matching jeans.

@LosRockets - I have had cotton sweaters slimmed - 20 bucks maybe? Not the ideal price point, but it makes it look so much better. Not sure with Merino wool, but i have had it done on a RL half-zip before.

@Eyerman - its a "family" guitar. my best friend got it in the late 90s and we started our band with it... 12-15 years later, he gave it to me when we all left the music game.

Comment

Thats awesome! I had a guitar and sold it. I didn't play particularly well, but it was more or less just background plucking. I sing and was working on a demo but alas, it didn't pan out.

-Maximus

Comment

@Sdot: A little bit too much blue for my taste but your fit, like always, is fantastic

@ J.R: nice comfortable look. Would agree that slimming sweaters would be an interesting concept to explore!

Sweater: BR

Shirt: dunno

pants: bonobos

Shoes: JM

Comment

Obligatory elevator pic:

Pants: Banana Republic - tonal grey glen plaid

Shirt: Neiman Marcus - black/pink tattersal

Tie: Neiman Marcus - grey corduroy

Jacket: Daniel Taylor Clothier (thrifted)

Shoes: Stafford wingtip boots

Cufflinks: Brooks Brothers 346 - black ovals

The pic came out kind of jacked up. The pants look brown and the tie looks almost blue, but both are grey IRL.

Comment

@Acousticfoodie Great fit. Zip up the sweater slightly and i'll say you're looking dapper!

@Alan loving the blazer! Would love a closer look at the tie combined with that shirt.

#StayDapper

#StayDapper

Comment

@Acousticfoodie - what are the pants and shirt colors? The sweater breaks things up nicely - the shirt & pants look like they are part of the same color palette. Dig the footwear

@Alan - bag? I need a new bag desperately. That one looks nice - what line of work are you in? I like the look - corduroy tie with corduroy jacket sounds interesting, though.

@SDot - really dig that look, but FWIW i would drop the Nikes... but I loathe Nike in general as well as logos, so maybe my opinion is partially biased.

Comment

@SDot: Thanks! It's still smaller than I realized, but here you go.

@Acoustic: We must have posted at the same time. I never saw yours. Nice pants. I've always shyed away from buying stuff I can't buy in a store, but maybe I'll have to give Bonobos a look.

@j.r.: Nice shirt. Ditto on the sweater recs. I don't know if you can slim something that's knitted, but I would love to be proven wrong.

Comment

@Alan: you should post details on your bags as well!

Comment

@Acousticfoodie: My personal laptop case is actually very nice, but my work-issued laptop case is junk. If you ever see a pic with just one case (like above), it's probably my work laptop. However, on Mondays and Wednesdays you're likely to see me also carrying my personal laptop. I carry it in this:

http://www.tumi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4210010&prodFindSrc=paramNav

It was a gift from my ex-girlfriend and I got to pick it out. Had I discovered Dappered, I may have made a different choice, but I'm still very satisfied with it, and it has held up good as new for 3 years. Not a scratch on it, and I use it all the time.

@j.r.: I'm in software. I live and die by my laptop. BTW, my jacket is tweed, not corduroy. it's sort of a burgundy/black glen plaid with undertones of a teal windowpane... very hard to describe.

Comment

@j.r. I'm a sneakerhead, so dropping the nike's isn't gonna happen. Everyone has their own style. I have mine, you have yours.

@Alan great color/texture combo. Dapper!

#StayDapper

Comment

first time posting here. been reading this website for a while though now. i live in florida where we rarely get to wear nicer fall/winter clothing. today it was cool enough to break out a thin sweater.

Gray V-neck Sweater - Gap

Navy T-shirt - J.Crew Factory

Jeans - Lucky Brand

Shoes - Frye Oliver Oxford

Watch - Orient Mako

Comment

@Sdot, I think he said dig the footwear...as in I like it.

-Maximus

Comment

Working...
                                X