Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Kevin_Ngo You need to use a separate site to upload the photos (flikr?) and then link here with the image markup tag.

Comment

@Kevin_Ngo - You will need to upload the photo to a host of some kind (photobucket, flickr, tumblr, etc.) and then use the following html here:

< img src = " imagelink.jpg " / >

Without all the spaces (except for between img and src).

Threads does not automatically resize images, and my attempts at resizing them through html have all failed, so it's generally easiest to resize the image before uploading, or on your image host. 640x480 is the size I typically choose.

Ben

Comment

For some reason, posting from a mobile device to imgur doesn't work, and the apps don't allow for resizing, so when out of town -- as I am now -- resizing is difficult. What websites or apps work to do this on an iPhone?

Here's what is likely a giant image of me, sorry. Thrifted Lauren RL tweed.

My reason for posting: does the jacket go with brown pants?

Comment

What I Wore This (weekend)

Finally got out of the house, so wifeypants and I took the dogs to the vet. Charcoal henley from Macy's over JCP button down and my Arizona Jeans pleather jacket with my trusty Levi's 514. Not pictured: tan Stafford suede derby (damn sink).

I live in a somewhat rural area of Ohio, so all that's near me is Target, JCP, and Kohls. Anything else is close to an hour drive.

Comment

looks pretty good. not sure you NEED to untuck the shirt tho.

Comment

@scrambledpotato - Looks good, I have almost the same type of Henley I got from a Gap outlet a few years ago. Never thought to wear it with a button down.

Whereabouts Ohio are you from? I'm from Cleveland (east suburbs).

Comment

@Jake101 - Yeah, I get that. But with two 74 lb dogs that need to get attention from EVERYONE IN THE FREAKING STORE, it was coming untucked anyway.

@Andrewski - Me neither, but it was a little too warm for a sweater under that jacket, and I didn't want to get it covered in dog hair. So I experimented with the henley, and I was happy with the results. And I'm west of Cleveland, about 45 minutes outside of Sandusky.

Comment

Outside of Sandusky huh? One of my best friends grew up in Vermilion.

As for the outfit - I like the henley over the shirt (I'm a big fan of henleys over polos as a casual incarnation of the sweater over a shirt). I think tucking the shirt in might have been a better choice for a cleaner look. The jeans are nice. The jacket looks a little oversized on you, though it might just be that you've got it unzipped.

Ben

Comment

@BenR It's a bit big (you're right, it looks even bigger because it's unzipped), but the large was massive and the small was too tiny. I'm happy with the fit because it's great for layering.

And I'm liking henley's too. I'm really digging them over polos; they're just different enough, you know?

Comment

@scrambledpotato minus the pleather jacket, looking good. Pleather is a sin in my book

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
                      #StayDapper

Comment

Here we go...

Jeans: Armani Exchange (Don't laugh. My "old reliables" are in the hamper.)

Shirt: Land's End - white poplin BDC

Jacket: GAP - grey herringbone (thrifted)

Shoes: AE Bayfields - chromexcel

Sunglass - Persol aviators

Comment

Wow, my right leg looks scary. I guess that's my wallet in the back that's hanging my pocket, but it look like something to a chunk out of my leg. The camera perspective doesn't help.

Comment

@Alan You look badass with those sunglasses, I like that.

Comment

Thanks! I picked 'em up from the bluefly deal, but this is my first time wearing them. I wanted to make sure they would look right on me after I got a haircut since I was so long overdue that it was affecting the dimensions of my head. :-P Their advertised ability to adjust to outdoor/indoor light actually works!

Comment

I think it looks great! Besides the fact that a chunk of your leg is missing...might want to get that checked out.

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
                                -Maximus

Comment

Working...
                                X