Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, this thread blew up. Nice work, everybody. Focuspants, I love the jacket. Andrewski, looking sharp. I like the bridge coat. I'm going to dig through the last week.

Comment

@Andrewski, How are you liking the coat? I just ordered mine. Excited about it.

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
      -Maximus

Comment

Not really a WIWT, more of a WIWY, but...

I ended up buying a pair of cords at Bananna Republic to solve my pant problem. I ended up liking them a surprising amount and think they'll work their way into my regular pant rotation.

The colors are a little off in the photo (the shirt is a dark blue houndstooth) and the pants are a woody brown - but I was pretty happy with the fit!

Comment

@ hon - Not crazy about those shoes. Everything else seems to work pretty well, though.

Jacket: BR

Shirt: LEC

Tie: Thrifted (looks purple in the pic, but is actually navy)

Tie bar: Macy's

Belt: Montana Silversmiths

Jeans: Levi Signature via Target

Watch (not pictured): Ball

Shoes: Thrifted

Ben

Comment

BenR

Love the belt buckle as usual. And the shoes are one amazing thrift find: they're gorgeous.

Comment

Casual Friday (no class... after a morning bike ride, I've spent most of the day inside studying oil and gas law x_x).

Eddie Bauer henley

Target polo

LEC chinos

LL Bean watch with Weekender strap

Random paracord bracelet (shh... I don't wanna hear it)

Chaco flip flops (don't wanna hear THAT either :-p )

Ben

Comment

@BenR: could be worse, spending the day inside studying cardiovascular physiology and respiratory histology. That's a great looking henley. Got a link? I'd like to start posting pics here but I don't have a tripod or anything.

Comment

@ LosRockets - I bought mine on clearance, in-store a year or so ago. This looks to be the same thing, but the "classic fit" description is a little worrisome. Mine has a pretty tailored fit to it.

FWIW, I own a tripod but I almost never use it (or my real camera, for that matter) for these WRUW pics. Normally I just do the classic bathroom smartphone pic (see above). In this case, I used my phone camera with a free timer app and propped it on the grill in the backyard. Nothing too fancy in terms of setup.

Ben

Comment

BenR which br blazer is that? It looks amazing.

Comment

@ nftmlk - It's a grey tweed herringbone I picked up about 3 years ago. One of my first "grown-up," post-college clothing purchases and still a favorite. That's the OTR fit, minus the sleeves which I had shortened.

This one isn't exactly the same, but pretty close. The J.Crew Factory tweed blazer looks pretty similar, too (minus the herringbone pattern).

Ben

Comment

Weekend outfit:

Today:

A few hours later and the knit tie knot is still holding up. Knit ties are a pain to tie, fyi.

Comment

@bruschetta: Really digging that top outfit. It's pretty run of the mill, I know, but I'm a big fan of the color palette and imo the best application of a brown cord sportcoat is a deep green sweater underneath. If I walked past, I'd definitely find an excuse to look twice. Do you happen to remember where you picked up the sweater? I have a one in a similar shade of green but it has an annoying trim on the neck and sleeves, and I'd like to pick up something more "basic" if I could.

Comment

pitseleh, The sweater is from Uniqlo: http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/072742 The model is 072742 and the colour is 58. Joe actually featured the sweater in today's Dappered.com post. Here's a link to the US Uniqlo store product page.

Comment

haha, man... I just ordered one of those crewnecks in green and honestly never would've known it was yours from the image on their website. I should listen to my own advice about not buying into presentation! thanks a lot; good to know I'll be keeping at least one thing from the order.

Comment

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum. Can someone quickly explain how I can post pics? Sorry, I tried to search the terms and didn't come up with anything.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X