Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good gents! @Focuspants great layering! Looking for a tweed sportcoat on eBay as well...just worried about padding. How's yours? It looks fine.

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
    #StayDapper

Comment

Thanks SDot. Ya the padding on mine is minimal. I actually fibd that the vintage Harris Tweed jackets have a better slimmer cut, higher arm holes and much less padding. My tweed acrually fit like this right from the buyer. Had no tailoring done. Most tweeds on ebay seem to be big and boxy. I just ordered a vintage tweed suit that had identical measurements to this jacket, hoping it works out!

What size are you ill keep an eye out for you when I do my ebay searches.

Comment

Thanks BB. It took me a long time to convince myself to get some. I think the key was finding some that didn't look like my grandfather should be wearing them, in other words: sleek and minimal.

Comment

BB - loving that blazer. keep it up

#StayDapper

Comment

@Focuspants I'm a 38R

#StayDapper

Comment

That makes it easy since im between a 38 and 40! Ill keep my eyes peeled!

Comment

@hornsup84: they are not athletic socks, color is beige with dark navy stripes to match my shirt.

Comment

@Focuspants: Digging the tweed.

@BB: I've had some shoes in mind that I would like to have except I didn't know what they were called. Apparently they're AE Elgins. I really like 'em!

Comment

Why is my mirror always dirty?! Even after I clean it! I blame my roommates.

Shirt: Carhartt chambray

Tie: Lands' End cotton

Vest: Thrifted

Tie bar: Macy's

Belt/buckle: Ariat/Montana Silversmiths

Pants: LEC cords

Watch: Seiko chrono

Shoes: Chippewa

Not a trad look by any stretch - more of a dressed-up workwear kind of thing. Just playing around with some colors and textures.

Ben

Comment

BenR, I like the shirt paired with the corduroys. The rest isn't my style, but I feel that you make it work.

Comment

Bruschetta, I am genuinely shocked you like ANYTHING about this outfit. :-P

Ben

Comment

@BenR agree with @brushetta...shirt & cords are a nice combo...would opt of that ves & tie though...maybe a different color for the vest? idk

#StayDapper

Comment

Another casual day. Light grey wool trousers, black wingtips, navy paisley tie, charcoal v-neck sweater, tie bar, collar stays.

Comment

@BenR, I dig the dressed up workwear kind of thing (I try to pull that in MN all the time). That might be one step too far for me, but hey, keep on rockin it man. I think it has to do with the vest appearing black.

@bruschetta, I approve of all but the black wingtips :P

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

This page is killing it with fits...Start with BB, like how you rocked the striped shirt to give that fit life, the camel hair is very nice, glad more guys are wearing them. Just my own comment and you may totally disagree, but you might narrow the sleeves and shorten the arms a bit for a better fit.

@FOcus, VERY Well done bro, that shirt can be difficult lol, the tweed jacket is perfect and i think i might steal the look lol, i was thinking tweed hack jacket and some cords with the stafford boots...will try it next week.

@BenR, i really like the look man, its rugged and casual at the same time... the belt gives you the taxas twang lol. you mixed elements well without looking out of place...i saw a guy a while back tand i could place what wasnt looking right and now i saw your fit and realized what it was, his dress shirt was the problem; it didnt fit his elements, too business casual and not enough rugged, your chambray balanced it here.

for your enjoyment, a picture from a vacation the wife and i took to Jamaica...

short sleeve: LEC in a sz small

Shorts: Dockers

wheels: blue sperry topsiders (not shown)

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                                I>0<I

Comment

Working...
                                X