This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, SDot!

... and for anyone who's thinking it, I don't want to hear any crap about the jeans! I put all that distress into them, myself, over the past 3 or 4 years and they're my favorites. :-P

Comment

I personally like it when jeans look like theyve been worn before. I really like the look, and the new fancy modelling setup Alan. I need to step up my game I might go buy a full length mirror at the very least, my bathroom mirror isnt cutting it haha.

Comment

@Alan I won't give you crap because that's why I bought my raw Nudie's so I can distress them myself and add natural wear. Aside from being all fancy with the studio, you're good to go lol

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
        #StayDapper

Comment

I second Focuspants, they jeans look good, so I wont give you grief about that but Alan, my man, the studio equipment, really!!! Come on, the elevators pics are your trademark.

Comment

Looking good, Alan. Might be the angle but the shoulders on the jacket look a touch large on you.

Here's me today... suit Tuesday for no real reason.

Suit: SuitSupply Napoli charcoal pinstripe

Shirt: Neiman Marcus

Tie: Target

Tie bar: Macy's

Belt: Ariat and Montana Silversmiths

Watch: Ball (my baby...)

Shoes: Fratelli Rossetti

That streak is on the mirror, not the suit, btw.

Ben

Comment

LOL CJJ. The elevator pics are always fuzzy and make me look like I've got chicken legs... Which is hard to do for someone who has a 23" thigh! :-P

I doubt the whole setup will stay there since it takes a lot of room, but I wanted to at least test it out. I've put an iPhone 5 on my Christmas wish list so if that thing has a better camera then maybe (MAYBE) I'll go back to the elevator pics.

Comment

@BenR: Look good! Those NM shirts are pretty great, aren't they? And that Suit Supply Napoli is looking pretty darn sharp. I'm just too afraid to order MTM online. One of these days I'll have one, but not until they come to me.

As for my jacket, it's the right fit (at least in the shoulders). It's just the shallow distance to the camera that exaggerates it. That, and it seems to have caught the perfect angle to make it a little funky since I'm leaning on my back leg. I see what you're saying, though. I have some other straight-on pics, but I've got to run to campus.

Comment

@BenR looking good minus tha big buckle lol...i kno i kno...it's your thing.

Scoop on the NM shirts?

#StayDapper

Comment

BenR and Alan, nice looks. Alan, love the herringbone jacket -- I'm looking for one like that in thrift stores these days. Not much time to do that now, though. And that's a nice camera you have there.

BenR: Nice suit and shoes, especially. SuitSupply looks like the next place I'm going for a suit. It will be a while, but I'm happy that they're coming to Atlanta in the meantime.

Comment

The NM shirts can be found at Last Call. Never buy them if there's not a sale going on, though. For that matter, wait until there's at least a 40% off sale. They're pretty regular. There are million choices in various collars, cuffs, and patterns.

Comment

Ben, that suit fits great! I am not the biggest fan of the tie, but thats just personal preference.

Extremely clean look though! That is the best fitting online MTM suit I think I have ever seen a picture posted of.

Comment

@Alan ok I thought those were the shirts BenR was referencing...thanks for the confirmation.

#StayDapper

Comment

Was a little chilly this morning so I decided to go for some layers:

Shirt: J Crew pink bengal stripe OCBD, via eBay

Sweater: Banana Republic Silk/Cotton/Cashmere

Pants: Dockers Signature Khaki in D1

Shoes: AE Randolph loafers, via eBay

Comment

This is my favorite thread I'll rarely be able to participate in. Since I work from home, all my WIWT would be 'old shirt and jeans'.

Although, I guess I could go with the ironic/funny factor. You guys cool with chocolate milk stains?

Comment

I think I speak for all the dads when I say: sometimes in life, a man must wear his chocolate milk stains proudly. It's the stains that you think are chocolate milk, and then you realize they are something far more gross, that you need to watch out for.

Comment

Working...
                                X