Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max! I miss your WIWT's! I was missing them so much, I bought that multicolour check patterned shirt from lands end entirely in honour of you! Good luck with the exam and all the best with the new little one!

Comment

Welcome back, Max! I only just got back, too. With you on the job, the WIWT thread is going to be looking pretty sharp. :-)

Comment

@focus really!? That's awesome def need to see you with that one on, its become one of my favorites( get tons of compliments on it)especially with these lovely fall days. @alan, thanks man, you guys have been very good with keeping things going here. And also congrats on the post on the main site. That was your post correct?

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
        I>0<I

Comment

@Max: Thanks! Yup, that was me.

Comment

J Crew Gingham Shirt - $10 thrifted

Cotton Tie - $2 rummage sale

Merino Sweater - $6 Daffys going out of business sale

Banana Republic Wool Trousers - $14 final sale clearance

Socks - $2 Gap

Crockett & Jones Suede wingtips - $10 thrifted

Comment

n0rm, It may be worth rethinking that outfit.

Comment

n0rm - sleeves look a little baggy and tie knot seems to be too wide considering you can't even see the start of the collar. Otherwise, nice layering.

@BB - you already mentioned what needs fixin, so other than that, looking good.

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
                #StayDapper

Comment

@bruschetta: too late, wore it to work. got compliments from the women so I guess it looked okay *shrugs*

@sdot: noticed the sleeves on my way out, folded them up and they look better. pulled the sweater down so the collar comes out, much better.

thanks for the critique.

Comment

@n)rm wasn't referencing showing more of the collar. Was referring to the fact that your tie knot is so big that it seems to cover the "inner" collar (don't know the proper name).

#StayDapper

Comment

Thanks acoustic...

Love that green tie SDot...

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

@n0rm: I'm having a similar sweater issue today. The neck is just not as big as it should be for anyone wearing a tie. I keep having to pull it down, but I only paid $6 for it on clearance so I'm willing to live with it until something better comes along. Sometimes you've just got to work with what you've got, right?

Comment

@sdot: I get what you're saying, that's how I wear my knot(Kevin). I might need to look into another style.

@Alan: ding ding! I think that's it! Wore the sweater a couple of weeks back sans tie and it was fine. Wore it today, and it looked different, was late for work so I didn't have time to fart with it. Thanks!

Good thing I always have a sportcoat with me...

*runs off to change.

Comment

@n0rm -- I don't mind the look, although agree its annoying with the vest's collar. I always go with a 4-in-hand knot regardless, so I'm not very helpful with the variations that might look best. However, I was surprised that no one else mentioned this yet, as they were the first thing that jumped out at me... what's going on with those socks? They look mostly like a gray heathered athletic sock, but then I see the navy on the back and possibly in the foot area? Not sure they'd be the ones I'd pick with wool trousers and suede wingtips.

Comment

Had a lot of trouble loading this pic so you better like it. :-P I got tired of my crappy elevator phone pics so I set up the studio equipment.

Shoes: Stafford wingtip boots

Jeans: Banana Republic

Shirt: Roundtree and Yorke white poplin BDC

Sweater Vest: Stafford maroon v-neck

Jacket: unknown wool brown herringbone (thrifted)

Tie: Christian Dior blue/burgundy paisley (thrifted)

Pocket square: Merona blue/white cotton hankie

The tie is just barely too short to wear without a vest. Didn't try it on in the thrift store, but it may be a youth tie. I can get it down to my belt, but the back won't fit through the loop.

And for what it's worth, the jacket feels a little looser than it did when I last wore it at the end of winter. I may have shrunk a bit, though, because I'm starting to notice that on a number of items.

Comment

@Alan Great layering! Not too much to critique here.

#StayDapper

Comment

Working...
                                X