Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenneth, I really like several poststructuralists, but especially Deleuze. He's very different from, say, Derrida. If you're not familiar with Deleuze, start with his little book on Kant, or even his little book on Hume. Deleuze helped me see my field in an entirely new way, which led to my dissertation (for which I was, to brag a bit, just offered a contract by a University Press this very morning, so I'm about to go celebrate).

Comment

I'm very familiar with his work, my first ever publication was an article on A Thousand Plateaus. Congratulations on getting your diss published! What is your field, by the way? Drink one for us!

Comment

Kenneth, apologies for the explanation. I'm used to explaining who he is, since in my subfield Deleuze is almost completely unknown. Those that recognize his name assume he's derivative of Derrida, which I don't really understand. I work in religious studies, in the subfield of biblical studies.

What's your main field of interest in philosophy?

EDIT: BB+2, and working on 3.

Comment

Acoutsicfoodie...

Any details on that shirt and jacket? Great looking combo!

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Casual day in the office for Columbus Day, hence the denim and unstructured blazer.

Blazer - Gap

Shirt - T.M. Lewin

Tie - Vintage

Tie Clip - Sterling Silver by David Donahue

Cuff Links - BR Factory

Belt - BR

Denim - Nudie's

Shoes - Cole Haan Air Colton

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
            #StayDapper

Comment

@sigweet:

The Shirt is Jcrew Factory

The Jacket is...not too sure. Thrifted and The Label says J&G Italy. But I haven't come across it before.

@Sdot: Very nice!

Comment

@Sdot great outfit, that tie is awesome.

Comment

nice stuff SDot

Comment

Thanks guys. Gonna try to start posting more, but with a business casual work environment i never feel like majority of my outfits are worth posting.

#StayDapper

Comment

@SDot: Business casual? Sounds like you can wear just about anything you want! :-)

Comment

@Alan yea typical wear is a dress shirt, slacks, oxfords. but since i'm never really wearing a suit i tend not to post. but i'll try to start posting more in here just add some variety

#StayDapper

Comment

Suits aren't pre-requisites for posting. Just ask BenR. He's got some fantastic casual looks.

Comment

@Alan well guess i'll post away

#StayDapper

Comment

Sdot and BJ, nice looks.

I'm kind of boring today. Pants are obviously too long. I think layering a camel color v-neck sweater would make this come together a bit more.

Comment

Hey Guys!! Looking at the posts over the last few months and I must say you guys look very sharp. Haven't been around for a long time (CPA EXAM in process and the coming arrival of my daughter has left little to no time for threads) but glad to see the threads are doing well. Will be posting a few wiwt in the future. Cheers all!!

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                                I>0<I

Comment

Working...
                                X