Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah; last night was the first I've actually worn it, and the fit is pretty great. I actually went online to see if I could pick up another of the jacket to wear exclusively as a blazer - but they're out of my size.

Bayfields are great - got them as part of the 2 for $200 sale this spring. I need to do some research on how to care for them, seems like they recommend a special type of cleaner on them.

Nice look today, BB!

Comment

• JEH - I really like what you picked to wear, but the jacket needs to be nipped at the waist and the pants need to be hemmed. I wear the hell out of that same jacket, it's great for casual wear.

@BB - The color on that jacket is superb! I also own that same tie, but I don't think it goes well with a white shirt, it provides insufficient contrast. That said, I think you pulled it off perfectly with the jacket color mixing it in. Also, I can't tell if the trench coated gent is Albert Camus or Jean-Paul Sartre.

Comment

• @BB: Well the shirt I was wearing was light, but it was also a little brighter than the picture shows. It's hard to tell from the pic, but there's contrast there. Also, I don't like wearing shirts that are darker than my blazers or suit jackets. It seems like an inversion of the natural order of things. For that matter, I don't often like pair lighter jackets with darker pants, but I really like the combo you'ce put together today. BTW, who takes your pics? You're obviously not using a camera phone and both hands are free.

@JEH: I've actually got my own Bayfields on today. I'm wearing them with jeans. I'm glad the weather is finally getting cooler since I bought mine at the same time as you and really haven't had occasion to wear them yet.

Comment

• BTW, I'm tired of crappy WIWT pics from my camera phone so I'm putting together a small studio setup at home. We already have all the equipment. I've just always been too lazy to do it. I had to put it all together for a separate project recently so I maybe I can get some double duty out of it.

Comment

• WIWY (what I wore yesterday)

Crappy phone bathroom pic.

Jacket = Odin at Target

Shirt = LEC

Sweater = BR

Chinos = LEC

Shoes (not shown) = Chippewa 6" classics

Belt = Ariat with Montana Silversmiths buckle

Watch = Seiko chronograph

Ben

Comment

• BenR - Not really a fan of that jacket, but otherwise nice layering.

BB - Quite spring colors. Agree with Kenneth on the tie, not well with a white shirt.

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
              #StayDapper

Comment

• Alan -- It's just a camera phone. I have an app called "camera timer" that has a timer. There's a ledge that I put the phone on, and then I just step back. It's a fairly secluded spot on campus, which is nice.

Comment

• this has probably been asked a million times, but if i want to upload pictures without putting them on a photobucket type site, is there a way to embed them?

Comment

• Kenneth -- good guesses. It's a tiny picture so it's hard to see, but that is Gilles Deleuze.

SDot -- please post away! It would be nice if there were a fairly regular group of folks to post. It gives everyone ideas. Thanks for the feedback. I agree on the tie, and will play around with it a bit more. About color -- it's still in the high 80s where I live, so I run out of summer-weight but fall-colored clothes. For me, dressing in light colors will cease when it drops into the 70s. Do others do the same?

Comment

• Alan -- yeah, hard to see colors sometimes in these pics. But I can tell that the suit is boss regardless.

Comment

• Jake, if there is a way to do it, I haven't found it. Imgur is easy to use though.

Comment

• Ben, nice sweater.

Comment

• Been a while since I contributed! I am saving for a house with the wifey now, and the best way to make money fast is to increase your income, so I took on a second job. I am now working for TD as well as for my families wine agency. Woohoo for 6-7 day work weeks

Anyway, had my final meeting with HR to discuss my job offer today, and I should start sometime in the next 2 weeks. Went conservative obviously because its finance. Don't mind the wrinkles, they were from the packed ride on public transit on the way back. And as per usual, sorry about the bad pics, phone+small bathroom mirror=shoddy pictures.

suit: BarIII slim fit (navy with a subtle glen plaid)

shirt: CT spread collar

tie: calvin klein slim

tie bar: random

belt: Tristan & Amerika

not pictured: shoes Lands End black wingtips

Comment

• BenR - Great watch; I'm going to have to check amazon. Mind me asking you where you got the band?

Comment

• Focuspants - looking good man. Great fit. Wouldn't recommend wearing french cuffs to an interview, but personal opinion.

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
                                #StayDapper

Comment

Working...
                                X