Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan, love the herringbone/wool tie/longwings look.

Colors are all washed out on this -- it's a burgundy tie. Grenadine from the Knottery -- I love the texture on these.

Comment

would love to see a better pic of the tie in action. was looking at that one.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

@BB: I like that whole look. Good stuff.

Comment

Another crappy elevator shot in a long line of crappy elevator shots. :-)

Suit: Hart Schaffner Marx (thrifted)

Shirt: English Laundry (can't tell but it's powder blue with white stripes)

Tie: Isaia (gifted. green, not yellow)

Shoes: Bronx Dekimo double monks

Comment

Apropos of nothing, I might go insane in an elevator all of whose walls are reflective glass. Some kind of existential crisis brought about by infinitely regressing reflections.

Comment

@BB Deets on the suit please.

Comment

Alan - Nice looking outfit. I like the look of those double monks... I've been too skittish to pick up a pair myself, so it's helpful to see it all put together.

Question - are they all buckled, or do you take a cue from GQ and leave the back buckle unbuckled?

Comment

@JEH: I left them buckled. Actually, this pair is made to slide right into. The buckles are functional, but not necessary.

Comment

Tdig, another bad but hopefully better pic:

Johdus, it's a J Crew chino coat that I got on clearance and different J Crew chino suit pants (Aldridge) thrifted that match exactly in shade. Wheat, I think, is the color name. The fabric feels nice -- very soft to the touch for cotton.

Comment

My screen resolution is 2560x1440... and that pic STILL more than fills it up. :-P

Comment

Is that better? I'm on a mobile so scale is off.

Comment

Gingham and knit look really great together BB.

Comment

Alright; my first post on WIWT - be nice! I know that there's a little dimpling in the top of the sleeve, and I know that my pants are a tad too long. Anyway, this was date night with the gal - celebrating her new job.

Jacket - Bonobos Navy Seersucker

Shirt - GAP Modern Oxford

Pants - Bonobos straight fit graham slackers

Shoes - Allen Edmonds Bayfield

Comment

Jacket: "Adolfo," thrifted (thought it was a deal when I got it for $10, but looks like you can get it new for $20 at the moment). It's boxy, but then again I'm boxy. Could be terrible for those slim ones among us.

Shirt: Land's End OCBD

Tie: Linen, Tie Bar

Pants: JCrew Indigo Linen (Joe suggested these over the summer during the 40% sale)

Shoes: Stafford wingtips

xxrexx, much better lighting. Nice.

JEH, I like the navy seersucker. Looks comfortable. How are the Bayfields?

Alan, nice suit. I think I'd go with a deeper shade to contrast more with the suit, but that might just be personal preference. I love the infinite regression, by the way. Reminds me of one of my favorite pictures of my favorite philosopher:

Comment

BB - ur taking over this thread...i'm gonna have to start posting more lol

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
                                #StayDapper

Comment

Working...
                                X