Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@bruschetta: You've gotta keep up your contributions! Otherwise, my similar contributions will look even more out of place. :-) And I can't wait til it's cool enough here to start wearing my own sweaters again. A cold front will move in this weekend.

Comment

My first WIWT. Please excuse the photo quality, I tried to crop out most of the men's room shot.

Shirt - Express Extra Slim Fit

Tie - BR

Jeans - BR vintage straight

Wingtips - Cole Hann

Comment

Comment

Love those pants BB...

Great look brushetta

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I really gotta get a better camera phone... :-P

Shoes: Florshein Veblen

Pants: LEC chinos - navy

Shirt: Banana Republic - white/blue tattersal

Tie: Brooks Brothers - navy/grey stripes (wool)

Jacket: Brooks Brothers 346 - brown herringbone

... and you can't see 'em, but I'm rocking my dog socks today. :-)

Comment

@Matty - Not bad! There are a few things I don't like about it: the tie choice itself is not a great one, the day-glo orange is not attractive. The tie knot is far too large and therefore causes the tie itself to be too short, go for a Four-In-Hand instead and get the bottom of the blade to your belt buckle. Speaking of your belt buckle, is that a western-style belt? I'm not a fan of that.

That having been said, I approve of the shoes and think your jeans fit you well.

Comment

@Alan - I really like the tie choice and the knot. Your scowl is intimidating.

Comment

Unfortunately, that scowl is how I always look. :-S

Comment

CJJ, I think that the Fitzgerald could work for you. It's billed as slim, but the fit on me is pretty boxy. I would try it on in the store as the sizing can differ from one blazer to another. Keep in mind that I'm thin, but not Jessy/nicholascrawford/BenR thin.

Jessy, Thank you. The sweater's an expensive £15 wool jumper from Uniqlo.

BB, Well, shucks! In return, I'll keep trying to nick more casual styles from you guys.

Alan, every day is sweater day here. Don't feel jealous: we may have sweaters, but you have the women in sun dresses. PS: I could wear the exact same outfit that you posted today using what I have in my wardrobe. Are you in my mind?

matty_ob, Good outfit other than the tie. The tie is ugly, and the tie knot is poorly done.

Sigtweed Corduroy, thank you.

Comment

@Kenneth Thanks for the feedback. The tie isn't nearly as orange in real life, it actually is much closer to the color of my shoes, but it's my phone in a men's room so... the belt is A&F circa 1996 not my first choice, but I just broke the loop on my JCrew htat matches these shoes.

Comment

@bruschetta
                        <blockquote>

I've been reluctant to post them
                        </blockquote>

You post away. My style goal is to be traditional and conservative. Always helps to have a high benchmark!

Comment

@BB and Bruschetta,thanks for the replies. The coat I am looking at is a 46L so it might work. I will review the measurements carefully and compare to my best "slim" fitting coat. Thanks again men.

Comment

I think this one came out pretty well

shirt: brooks brothers slim fit

pants: brooks brothers garment dyed chinos

shoes: strands

Comment

@ xxerexx: Those Strands wouldn't happen to be 12D's, would they? If so, I'll give you $20 for them. I swear it's a good deal!

Comment

LOL, they're 9Ds so I think they'd be a bit of a tight fit :P. I saw the brown calfskin version in person the other day at a local shoe shop, it's even more awesome. Time to save up for it and wait for a sale. If only the cordovan version would get cheaper than $500 new

Comment

Working...
                                X