Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@tdig: I like the donegal a lot, but if it were me, I would pair it with something a bit earthier and rougher. The silk tie with the donegal jacket feels a bit "off" to me. Otherwise, I like it, and wish I had one of my own.

Comment

Welcome back, Alan! I like the shoes a lot.

Comment

thanks alan. think you might be onto something. might try it again with an oxford and knit tie.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

@tdig having a greenish tint in a sport coat is interesting. I almost thrifted a similar one as it really made blues pop, unfortunately it was damaged.

Comment

@tdig Where did you get that tie? That's a winner!

Comment

@saporitoe tie is from Frank&Oak

My cocktail videos >

Comment

Tdig, I like the jacket. I'd love to get a Donegal suit sometime, but I'm in the South so I figure I wouldn't get much chance to use it. Love the colors, though.

Comment

Purple pants: too strange? Got them for $3.50 from LEC, so no strong feelings about donating them if need be.

Comment

@BB: MANY people here have those same pants. I think I paid $12 or something for mine. I've only worn them once. Still trying to figure out how to pull it off. The color makes them rather casual, so a structured navy jacket might be questionable. Perhaps an unstructured jacket? This might be a question for nicholascrawford. He has several pairs of colored pants and seems to know what to do with them.

Comment

I have the same pants and tried a whole bunch of different stuff on with them at home. I have them pretty much exclusively for wear with a shirt and sweater. They were too casual to go with any of my sportcoats.

They look really nice with a charcoal or mid-dark grey v-neck sweater, shawl collar cardigan, etc...

Comment

My outfits have been conservative as of late. I've been reluctant to post them because they're so traditional compared to what most of you wear.

Jacket: Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald charcoal.

Shirt: Nordstrom slim fit shirt.

Brass collar stays.

Tie: wine/burgundy wool.

Trousers: navy wool.

Shoes: AE fifth avenues.

Comment

@bruschetta I like it, you should post your outfits more often. It's great to see some diversity.

You forgot the sweater in the description by the way.

Comment

@ Bruschetta, how do you like the fit of that Fitzgerald? I found one on Ebay that is my size but I am a little reluctant because I heard they are a slimmer cut. I am a big guy 6'3" 250lbs so if its too slim might not be the way to go for me.

Comment

Alan and focuspants, thanks for the tips -- I think you're both right. I'll be sure to try sweaters and unstructured jackets in the future.

Bruschetta, that looks really great. Please continue to show us how to dress properly -- obviously, I need more guidance!

Comment

CJJ, I'm the same height as you and just a bit lighter (I think I'm around 230, but haven't checked in a while). I tried on a Fitzgerald while stuck in an airport recently, and while I usually wear a 44L in trim-ish cuts (i.e. Ludlow), the Fitzgerald was a bit too trim for me. Just a heads-up.

Comment

Working...
                                X