Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @tdig: I like the donegal a lot, but if it were me, I would pair it with something a bit earthier and rougher. The silk tie with the donegal jacket feels a bit "off" to me. Otherwise, I like it, and wish I had one of my own.

Comment

• Welcome back, Alan! I like the shoes a lot.

Comment

• thanks alan. think you might be onto something. might try it again with an oxford and knit tie.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

• @tdig having a greenish tint in a sport coat is interesting. I almost thrifted a similar one as it really made blues pop, unfortunately it was damaged.

Comment

• @tdig Where did you get that tie? That's a winner!

Comment

• @saporitoe tie is from Frank&Oak

My cocktail videos >

Comment

• Tdig, I like the jacket. I'd love to get a Donegal suit sometime, but I'm in the South so I figure I wouldn't get much chance to use it. Love the colors, though.

Comment

• Purple pants: too strange? Got them for $3.50 from LEC, so no strong feelings about donating them if need be.

Comment

• @BB: MANY people here have those same pants. I think I paid $12 or something for mine. I've only worn them once. Still trying to figure out how to pull it off. The color makes them rather casual, so a structured navy jacket might be questionable. Perhaps an unstructured jacket? This might be a question for nicholascrawford. He has several pairs of colored pants and seems to know what to do with them.

Comment

• I have the same pants and tried a whole bunch of different stuff on with them at home. I have them pretty much exclusively for wear with a shirt and sweater. They were too casual to go with any of my sportcoats.

They look really nice with a charcoal or mid-dark grey v-neck sweater, shawl collar cardigan, etc...

Comment

• My outfits have been conservative as of late. I've been reluctant to post them because they're so traditional compared to what most of you wear.

Jacket: Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald charcoal.

Shirt: Nordstrom slim fit shirt.

Brass collar stays.

Tie: wine/burgundy wool.

Trousers: navy wool.

Shoes: AE fifth avenues.

Comment

• @bruschetta I like it, you should post your outfits more often. It's great to see some diversity.

You forgot the sweater in the description by the way.

Comment

• @ Bruschetta, how do you like the fit of that Fitzgerald? I found one on Ebay that is my size but I am a little reluctant because I heard they are a slimmer cut. I am a big guy 6'3" 250lbs so if its too slim might not be the way to go for me.

Comment

• Alan and focuspants, thanks for the tips -- I think you're both right. I'll be sure to try sweaters and unstructured jackets in the future.

Bruschetta, that looks really great. Please continue to show us how to dress properly -- obviously, I need more guidance!

Comment

• CJJ, I'm the same height as you and just a bit lighter (I think I'm around 230, but haven't checked in a while). I tried on a Fitzgerald while stuck in an airport recently, and while I usually wear a 44L in trim-ish cuts (i.e. Ludlow), the Fitzgerald was a bit too trim for me. Just a heads-up.

Comment

Working...
                                X