Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @BB Thanks! And it went quite well, thanks for asking.

"The principle can be established that for a man who does not cheat, what he believes to be true must determine his action."
    -- Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus

Comment

• redsubway - great layering.

Comment

• BB, where did you get the briefcase?

Comment

• @tteason -- pretty sure that's a Saddleback Classic: http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Cla...=8&category=83

Comment

• Damn thought so. If I get a job with a better than expected signing bonus this year I may be too tempted to not splurge for one.

Comment

• I'm trying to figure out how pocket squares should work. This sportcoat is blue, but lighter and more grey than navy. The tie is baby blue with navy dots. Besides white, what color would one use with this? I know you don't want to be matchy, so a complimentary color? But how to do that without being loud? Burgundy or something?

Also, this is a Nicky knot (thanks nicholas) but it is still pretty small because this tie is so thin. Any other knots that would add even more bulk besides Windsor?

Oh, and tteason, hornsup is right -- saddleback classic large. I love it.

Comment

• @redsubway Shirt + Sweater + Blazer is probably my favorite look, great job.

Comment

• @BB: There is more you can do to contrast a tie and square besides color, You've also got pattern and material to work with. In springy weather, I'd say you could give yellow a shot, but entering into the cooler months would call for something more subdued. Thankfully, blue just seems to go with EVERYTHING so it's hard to find a color that won't work. However, consider a patterened cotton square without dots.

Comment

• Thanks, Alan. I guess I need to play around with them more, but they're so damn expensive for their size that I don't just want to buy them and then regret it. Other stuff should be able to work (I've seen guys with ties but that would bulge too much) but I haven't figured out what to use yet. Ah, well.

Comment

• https://picasaweb.google.com/1082384...51680167310674 (best pic of the bunch)

Since the colors are a little off:

Ratio blue oxford

gray mossimo 5 pocket twill

dark brown bostonian eastbends

Comment

• Meeting with the board today.

This is the Land's End linen/cotton suit that was on sale for about $150 a couple months back. It's very comfortable. I need to get it tailored a bit -- pants a bit baggy, sleeves too long. But overall a great suit for a great price. Might still be dirt cheap.

Tie from the Tie Bar, shirt from Target.

Comment

• thoughts on this LE Donegal blazer? Ill try to get some better pics. Taking pictures of yourself with good lighting is hard work...The colors are actually much more vibrant in real life.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

• heres one a little better. still doesnt get the greenish tint right.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

• The first WIWT post in probably over 4 months for me. Excuse the bad camera work. :-P

Shoes: Allen Edmonds Bagley - Chili (ebay)

Pants: Lands End - khaki

Shirt: Banana Republic - navy/white micro stripes

Tie: 1910 - grey tonal plaid cotton

Jacket: GAP - tonal grey herringbone (thrifted)

Laptop Case: Tumi - black ballistic nylon (gift)

It's such a poor pic that I almost didn't post it.

Comment

• BAH! You can't even see the tie. :-P

Comment

Working...
                                X