Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hon140, looking slick! The zip jumper wouldn't fit into my wardrobe, but it looks darned good on you. If you purchase a pair of black penny loafers then we'll have to start calling you Archer.

Comment

Nice tactilneck! You didn't invent the turtleneck, but you are the first to realize its use as a sartorial garment.

Comment

Long-time reader of WIWT today, first time poster.

What do you all think?

Sweater: J Crew Cotton-Cashmere Slim Fit

Pants: Banana Republic (whatever they call their slim fit)

Shirt: Express Extra Slim

Watch: Timex Easy-Reader

Shoes: Giorgio Brutini (much talked about on this site) from DSW

Socks (not seen): Tommy Hilfiger

Glasses (not seen): Warby Parker

Comment

Can't see the pic bro.

Comment

Darn. The picture was working as of like 10 minutes ago. Don't know what happened. Here is a direct link: http://d.pr/i/67EN

Where do you guys all upload your images to to embed with HTML here on the site?

Comment

Looks great! How about some Wurkin Stiffs for the collar?

Comment

I couldn't find a tie bar this morning so I had to improvise when I got to the office. I am also know to use one of my daughter's bobby pins from time to time...

Comment

devirkahan, I like everything in this outfit but the pants. I don't think that there's enough contrast between the pants and the tan brogues. The outfit would be excellent with darker trousers or darker shoes.

TommyTheCat, I dislike both the shirt and the tie, and additionally they do not go together. However, you get a full pass (even for the paperclip) due to the fact that you have a young daughter. Frankly, it's amazing that you're able to find the time to look as good as you do.

Comment

@TommyTheCat Shirt looks fine, but I agree with bruschetta that the tie does not go with this shirt nor should it go with any shirt. As for the paper clip...let's leave that for...paper.

Change the tie & ur good to go!

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
                    #StayDapper

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Now I remember why I never wear that tie . As far as the paperclip goes, function over form, man. My workplace is very laid back and I need something to keep my tie out of my lunch!

This is how I normally look. Jacket is vintage 1960s Levi's. Not pictured are brown chukkas from Bass.

Comment

Tommy, I like the jacket. I can't pull something like that off, but I envy those who can.

What are your opinions on black ties, folks? I'm wearing dark grey wool slacks and black shoes, if it matters.

Comment

Either way, it needs to be a bigger knot, no?

Comment

I think that looks really good BB. Bigger would be fine, but I like it as is.

Comment

@BB The knot looks fine to me.

I have a tie that looks like the one @TommyTheCat was wearing. I'll have to burn it tonight.

Comment

@Tommy -- I like the shirt (and it appears it may be a pretty good fit for you, but hard to tell), but agree on the dislikes for the tie. I appreciate the function over form approach, but wouldn't make a habit of it lest you be branded a try-hard

@BB -- Is the tie sort of a grenadine texture? or is that just a pattern on the tie? Can't tell in the picture. Either way, I feel that the tie and jacket(suit?) with a buttondown pinpoint may be a little conflicting. Otherwise I think the colors work pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                                X