Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hon140, looking slick! The zip jumper wouldn't fit into my wardrobe, but it looks darned good on you. If you purchase a pair of black penny loafers then we'll have to start calling you Archer.

Comment

• Nice tactilneck! You didn't invent the turtleneck, but you are the first to realize its use as a sartorial garment.

Comment

• Long-time reader of WIWT today, first time poster.

What do you all think?

Sweater: J Crew Cotton-Cashmere Slim Fit

Pants: Banana Republic (whatever they call their slim fit)

Shirt: Express Extra Slim

Watch: Timex Easy-Reader

Shoes: Giorgio Brutini (much talked about on this site) from DSW

Socks (not seen): Tommy Hilfiger

Glasses (not seen): Warby Parker

Comment

• Can't see the pic bro.

Comment

• Darn. The picture was working as of like 10 minutes ago. Don't know what happened. Here is a direct link: http://d.pr/i/67EN

Where do you guys all upload your images to to embed with HTML here on the site?

Comment

• Looks great! How about some Wurkin Stiffs for the collar?

Comment

• I couldn't find a tie bar this morning so I had to improvise when I got to the office. I am also know to use one of my daughter's bobby pins from time to time...

Comment

• devirkahan, I like everything in this outfit but the pants. I don't think that there's enough contrast between the pants and the tan brogues. The outfit would be excellent with darker trousers or darker shoes.

TommyTheCat, I dislike both the shirt and the tie, and additionally they do not go together. However, you get a full pass (even for the paperclip) due to the fact that you have a young daughter. Frankly, it's amazing that you're able to find the time to look as good as you do.

Comment

• @TommyTheCat Shirt looks fine, but I agree with bruschetta that the tie does not go with this shirt nor should it go with any shirt. As for the paper clip...let's leave that for...paper.

Change the tie & ur good to go!

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
                    #StayDapper

Comment

• Thanks for the feedback. Now I remember why I never wear that tie . As far as the paperclip goes, function over form, man. My workplace is very laid back and I need something to keep my tie out of my lunch!

This is how I normally look. Jacket is vintage 1960s Levi's. Not pictured are brown chukkas from Bass.

Comment

• Tommy, I like the jacket. I can't pull something like that off, but I envy those who can.

What are your opinions on black ties, folks? I'm wearing dark grey wool slacks and black shoes, if it matters.

Comment

• Either way, it needs to be a bigger knot, no?

Comment

• I think that looks really good BB. Bigger would be fine, but I like it as is.

Comment

• @BB The knot looks fine to me.

I have a tie that looks like the one @TommyTheCat was wearing. I'll have to burn it tonight.

Comment

• @Tommy -- I like the shirt (and it appears it may be a pretty good fit for you, but hard to tell), but agree on the dislikes for the tie. I appreciate the function over form approach, but wouldn't make a habit of it lest you be branded a try-hard

@BB -- Is the tie sort of a grenadine texture? or is that just a pattern on the tie? Can't tell in the picture. Either way, I feel that the tie and jacket(suit?) with a buttondown pinpoint may be a little conflicting. Otherwise I think the colors work pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                                X