Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jordan: That tweed blazer is way better than the Romulan one.

BenR: hopefully that will be a feature of the new boards, then?

I'm just realizing how weird the left shoulder is in my pic. I must be standing oddly. Taking pictures like this is strangely difficult. "How do I stand normally?..."

Comment

J.Crew Thompson suit, Bonobos button-up (navy gingham), YSL tie, Cole Haan wing tips.

Sorry for the blurry picture-didn't realize it till after.

Comment

@Jordan, I know this can be deceiving with self-pics, but it looks like your shirt sleeves could be longer and your blazer sleeves could be a bit shorter. Excellent fit otherwise man.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Yeah I haven't had the sleeves taken up yet. This is a totally off the rack fit on that jacket.

Comment

MagM, looks nice. Do you like the feel and quality of that Thompson suit? I'm thinking about starting by getting the navy pants, and using them as odd trousers for a while until I get the jacket. Is that dumb?

Comment

I don't think it would be "dumb" per se, but consider this.

If you order the full suit, you qualify for free shipping. If you don't like it you can send it back with the enclosed shipping return label free of charge. If you buy each piece separately, you will be out shipping for each part, so around $16.

Comment

Of course, I forgot about the JCrew shipping racket. Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

Speaking of J Crew, I got this chino jacket on clearance, and I love the shade and feel of it (it's really smooth to the touch), but seriously, J Crew -- I don't have arms like Michael Phelps. Cut me some slack...

Apologies for another giant picture. Tried something different today, obviously didn't work.

EDIT: I think I fixed it. Amazing.

Comment

@Jordan, I resent you at least a little for your OTR blazer fits.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

It's actually not as good as it could be cause I have a bit of belly fat at the moment. But i'm starting a cutting phase monday so that should help once im towards the end.

The best thing i've ever done for getting shirts and blazers to fit better is bulk up my shoulders and arms. It's made a world of difference.

Comment

@BB I like the quality. I've handled some very high quality wool jackets, and this doesn't really stand up well to those. But the wool is fine, it doesn't wrinkle badly, it breathes all right, and the fit's on. For the jacket I had the back shortened and the waist taken in. Frankly for the feel (good), look (it's the perfect blue--not a true navy), and fit (though I needed some alteration), I'd definitely recommend the Thompson. I own this in the poly/wool charcoal as well as the wool navy, and I'll probably buy that mid-gray eventually as well.

The pants, as you can probably see in the photo, aren't especially slim. But I'm happy with those too--I am not looking for something very trim, and these more than do the trick for me. There's some tapering too, and in general they do the trick. OTR fit is fine for these, so try to order near your size. Bear in mind there're probably 2 inches of fabric available for lengthening, so don't be in any rush to send them back if they're a pinch short.

Comment

Pardon the poor picture quality (the mirror needs some shining!)

From yesterday:

Jacket: Target Merona

Shirt: Neiman Marcus Trim Fit Brown/White gingham-y Checked Shirt

Tie: Brooks Brothers Red/Navy stripes

Pants: Dockers D2 British Khaki

Watch: Orient Mako

Comment

Pratyk, I like the brown gingham. Haven't run across one of those in a store yet.

Running late today, don't have time to fix the weird pose. I did, however, get the mosquito that was eating my hand.

Comment

MagM, thanks for the feedback. I do appreciate it. One of these days, I'll get the navy wool. The navy suit I'm wearing above is cotton and linen, which is great for the south... until October or November.

Comment

So, this isn't so much a WIWT as a "I thought I'd share my epic Sterling Archer-esque quarter zip, cause its the greatest thing ever" But here goes. Threw on a white pinpoint semispread underneath before leaving the apartment.

I DEMAND MORE BLACK QUARTER ZIPS!

Comment

Working...
                                X