Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@nicholascrawford Nice, I like purple. And I think you're right about the collar.

Comment

What's wrong with a dimple in your tie? Did I miss some new trend?

Well done on the ensemble, NC

Comment

I'm with hornsup84. I think it looks bad if you DON'T have a nice dimple in your tie.

Great outfit NC. I'm not a huge fan of the vest, but everything thing else fits like a glove and looks great!

Comment

@NC, I dunno if that's a vest or a sweater, but I feel like its stance is too low compared to the rest of the outfit.

Comment

If you look carefully, you can see a button so it's a vest. But yeah, something about the vest doesn't look quite right to me.

Comment

Whoops! I like the dimple too, I was just joking about how your mom bought me a cheapo Van Heusen tie.

It's a vest, but I accidentally got the U shaped vest instead of the normal V shape. Not my initial preference, but it looks unique.

Comment

End of a long day at work. I'm beat.

Comment

That TIE! Details?

Comment

Sweet outfit, BB!

Comment

Nice 'fit, BB. I'm not sure I would wear pink and baby blue together myself, but you've done them nicely here. Relative to the width of the tie and the size of your collar, the tie knot looks a little small to my eye.

What watch is that? Looks like a decent, not-too-big size for a chronograph.

Ben

Comment

BB, are you Jesse Thorn? Nice, outfit.

Comment

Thanks, all.

Kenneth -- the tie is from The Tie Bar. I think the polka dot knits are of significantly higher quality than some of the others I've ordered from there.

BenR -- thanks for the feedback; I think you're absolutely right. A bigger knot would be much better. I also agree that I'm on thin ice with the baby blue and pink, but the dark tie and pants offer a bit of contrast. The chronograph watch is from a JackThreads thing Joe linked to on the blog a while back. It's a BREED. Which sounds really weird to type out. But it was cheap and looks cool, at least to my untrained eye. I know literally nothing about watches. (I got this watch as a joke, really, because, well, "Breed" is part of my name).

Comment

Thrifted this linen herringbone thing recently. Sleeves are too long, button stance to high, shoulders too padded, I need to lose weight, etc., but honestly, I like it anyway.

Also, how do I make the image appear smaller? I tried the html "width="x" height="y"" thing and it didn't work.

Comment

I've tried using html to shrink my images and it's never worked for me on Dappered Threads. I just go in and resize the images themselves from my image-hosting site (somewhere in the 640x480 range usually works).

Ben

Comment

You can also resize them on your PC just using MS Paint.

Bonobos blue/red gingham shirt

JCrew Factory Tweed Blazer

Bonobos "Jet Blues" navy chinos

Comment

Working...
                                X