Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it is THE linen blazer. =P The small was perfect save for the slightly short sleeves and cropped look. The medium had too-long sleeves and too much room in the body, but the body length was perfect. So I erred on the side of the small.

Yes, I stood out as the only person not wearing grubby clothes!

Looking good, BenR. I like the blue-blue-blue-plus a red accent.

Comment

Great looks, guys. I need to get some snaps of my WIWT fits. Very inspiring!

Comment

BenR, I'm jealous of your haircut. I also really like that blazer+tie+shirt combo, that subtle windowpane is fantastic.

Btw, I disagree with bruschetta about tdig's PS not working with that tie, I actually really like it. But I never really am sure if there are any hard and fast rules about pocket squares generally. Anyone care to enlighten me?

NC, that is just great all around. Great tie knot, is that a half windsor?

Comment

I agree that tdig's PS works: it picks up on a color in the tie and introduces another color in the blue family in an outfit w/ no crazy patterns or colors. Would be curious to hear why you don't think it works bruschetta... something to do w/ the patterns, I'm assuming?

Only hard and fast PS rule I know of is to not have your PS match your tie. I also won't wear a PS unless my shirt has a collar. And I try to use common sense and not over-decorate in terms of color, pattern, etc.

I think of PS's like socks: you have as much or as little creative freedom as you want with them. You're not required to exercise that freedom, but if you do it's pretty darn hard to mess it up badly. Even a PS that introduces a color from out of the blue can work quite well, so I think it's just a matter of using common sense and having fun with it.

Comment

Kenneth - I tied the Nicky knot. It starts upside down and forms a symmetrical v-shape.

Comment

@nicholascrawford, naming knots after yourself, I see? You just think you're SOOOOO dapper, don't you?

Comment

You have no idea. =D

Comment

I've been using the Nicky knot on the last few occasions where I've worn a tie. If I could remember how to tie it without a how-to up on my computer it would be my absolute standard knot. Size wise it seems to fit me perfectly, it's nice and symmetric, and each time I make it I think there's no way this is going to work, only for it to magically happen.

Comment

Okay, greg_s, you're Suspect #1 for deleting my PENSKE TRUCKER tag!!

Comment

I have no idea what you are talking about...

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Hugs, kisses, and such. =D

Comment

Hey, nobody needs to tag threads with specific brands if the thread simply mentions the brands and isn't actually about them. Most of those tags don't belong.

Comment

What? Are you the tag arbiter??

Comment

@nicholascrawford - I put my full reply in the Dappered Threads Feedback thread to avoid driving this one off-topic.

http://threads.dappered.com/topic/dappered-threads-feedback/page/3#post-38335

I just think widespread tagging of each brand mentioned in a thread (that isn't about that brand) totally skews the search engine's purpose of finding relevant threads, especially since we don't have a search by post feature.

Comment

Unabashedly the best dressed SideCar driver in SF. For just this one night.

Suit: Indochino

Shirt: Nordstrom SmartCare Trim Fit (15" neck - about a half inch too big for me, but I had the button moved on the collar so it fits now. I still think the collar looks oversize for me, but most won't care.)

Tie: Van Heusen with a lucky dimple (don't hassle me - your mom bought it for me)

Shoes: AE McAllister

Socks: Vivarati Rollover

Comment

Working...
                                X