What kind of junk in the trunk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of junk in the trunk?

I like having a set of jumper cables, but I just bought a rechargeable battery pack for solo jumps. I usually keep a box of Pop Tarts, a gallon of water, tire pressure gauge, blanket, quarters, complete change of clothes, and a body bag.

What do you keep in the car?

I don't keep any emergency stuff like that in my car. I do however keep an extra set of elbow pads, knee pads, and cleats in my trunk in case I ever forget any of that stuff at home. I don't want to be on the paintball field without them.

Comment

Off the top of my head I have jumper cables, a rechargeable battery pack, box of tools, a bag with workout clothes, workout sneakers, a basketball (my coworkers and I sometimes go play ball after work) and a pump for airing up the ball.

Comment

I don't have a car, but I have junk in the trunk Fergie-style.

Comment

Thought this was going to be about booty size....

I keep a lot of extra stuff in my car. Some of it is practical, some of it is simply storage. Some of the stuff includes a small telescoping aluminum shovel, a small bag of cat litter, my sleeping bag, a sleeping pad, a flashlight. Mostly for emergency use in case my car breaks down or gets stuck in winter. But naturally I'm too lazy to take it out, so that stuff ends up living in my car all year. I should probably start leaving water and nonperishable food in the car as well, but typically when I plan on going anywhere other than just around town, I will bring that stuff with me anyway. I should also probably buy some tire chains. I actually bought some once, but ended up having to return them because despite triple-checking their size chart, the chains did not fit my tires. That's when I picked up the cat litter (i.e. traction sand).

Ben

Comment

Jumper cables, flashlight, knife, multitool, tire-pressure gauge, everything to change a tire, heavy duty winter boots, heavy wool overalls, gloves, and a hat. You don't want to get stuck in an MN winter without extra gear.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

nothing in the trunk.

Ruger SR9c with 20 rounds of hollow points in the glove box.

Comment

OT @ Jordan - I used to have an SR9 a few years back. Comfortable pistol to shoot, but mine had too many firing malfunctions even after break-in. I sold it and bought my brother's HK P30L.

If you don't know already, you should double-check your state's laws on carrying guns in vehicles. Some states consider it a form of "concealed carry" unless you are "transporting" the gun in a locked case separate from ammunition. Also, I hope you don't leave it in your car while you're not driving (overnight, for example). It would be far too easy for someone to break your window and steal it. I'm a bit of a gun nut myself (if you can't tell) but I'm also a big proponent of keeping guns safely locked down when not in use.

Ben

Comment

Tennis racquet and balls, jumper cables, misc. tire changing items, oil, pressure gauge, spare change, proof of insurance.

Comment

I should look at a set of coveralls to keep in the wife's car. Good for emergencies and for repairman role play.

When I see a set of tools on sale, I'm going to jump on that. Speaking of...I bet Craigslist is a good source for that.

Comment

@BenR, your last sentence is what makes you an "enthusiast" and separates you from the "nuts"

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

let see.... my Flex DA Orbital polisher, buffing pads and misc wax/polish, lightweight aluminum racing jack and stands. They sit alongside my Adire Audio 12" Brahma and Xtant Amp.

Comment

Duct tape, ball of twine, garbage bags, bleach, shovel.

Oh and jumper cables, of course.

Comment

I guess it's a good thing you can't carry an alibi in a trunk...

Comment

@n0rm: LOL. I have the Porter Cable 7424 orbital polisher. I used that thing once, and 4 hours of detailing later swore that I'd never use it again. I do keep some quick detailer, windex, and microfiber clothes in the car for quick cleanups, though. Also, hearing Adire and Xtant bring me back to my car audio days.

This reminds me that I should really pick up a set of jumper cables for myself this winter, though. My battery died a few months back and I was left asking people in the grocery store parking lot for help.

Comment

Working...
                              X