Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to wear to a fast approaching wedding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to wear to a fast approaching wedding?

The situation: I'm 21 and in college, and some friends of mine who recently graduated are getting married in just a few weeks. So I need some advice from the good men of Dappered to help me out.

The Wedding: Its going to be a fairly small venue, that will probably fall somewhere between casual and nice. I'm pretty sure a suit will do just fine, but I'm not sure to what degree. I will say I am a big fan of the suit with no tie tho.

The Dilemma: I live in Georgia and the end of September still feels like a sauna with the humidity. I have a few suits, but not sure what to go with or what accessories to put to it. As well as I don't really have an abundance of cash flow (college student) to go out and drop a lot on new stuff so I have to work with what I have. But I'm confident it will get the job done.

Feedback: The more the merrier. What would you do? You're up.

Casual-to-nice? Play up the shoes, and if I'm going tieless then I'm looking at a stronger pattern in the shirt.

Let everyone know what you're working with (i.e., what suits?) and you will probably get some good responses.

Comment

@Lib Good call. I'm just going to rule out the wool suits I have bc I'm pretty sure I'd have a heat stroke in one of them. But as far as the cooler options: I have a dark navy suit with very subtle lighter blue pinstripes, an off white linen suit, and a blue seersucker jacket

Comment

What is the navy suit made of? I would recommend wearing a tie. Just my opinion. It just makes the suit look a lot better. If you are really hurting for money, you can find a decent looking tie for cheap at Target or check out ebay if you have the time.

Comment

Working...
        X