white after Labor day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white after Labor day

In particular, white pants i.e. white chinos/jeans: http://www.bonobos.com/po-8818-bull-denim-bright-white-straight-leg

Your thoughts, opinions?

Personally, I say it is okay to bend/break the rules of fashion on occasion, especially if you kill it with these.

Tell me its OK, cause I have the travel denim to el paso (light cream color) and would love to keep wearing them while its warm.

Comment

Hard-core traditionalists will mess with you, but yes, it's ok. Even Emily freaking Post said it was ok -- in Southern Living, of all places. I came across that article when I was googling the same question. If it's hot outside, wear clothes that feel good in the heat. Linen, seersucker, whatever -- people might laugh at you for wearing linen, but you can laugh back at their sweat stains.

Comment

You can totally wear white after labor day. The rule is very mild and antiquated. It just came from white being a summer color for recreational vacationing and relaxing as it is less professionally associated. (From what I know)

Comment

Wearing light cream chinos to a wedding on Saturday. Luckily there will be no oldschool upper-crust people there to call me out.

Anything above 60F is Summer to me and I will not be convinced otherwise.

Comment

Dude, of course you can! (says the Califorian)

Comment

Working...
            X