Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brooklyn87
    replied

Jessy - yup, I've had mine for years, and from day 1, the color changed sharply wherever there were creases in the leather. I think that's the beauty of the beeswax DBs...I've loved watching mine change over time. Enjoy the ride! I happen to think that the more beat-up they get, the better they look.

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied

I'd like to get them in gray or chocolate suede, just not sure if they would be too similar. I'm loving them so far though.

Leave a comment:

• nftmlk
    replied

I've had mine for roughly a year and haven't done anything to them at all. I think they look better beat up, and probably will pick up a new pair when they are at the end of their life. ~$60-70 when on sale doesn't break the bank too badly

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied

@Jessy- I don't think mine have any discoloration around the creases. I bought mine from Nordstrom Rack, so they had a few small "scratches" on them, but I didn't mind. I haven't added any and I'm not particularly careful with them.

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied

Yeah, I'm in Florida so rain is definitely a concern. I guess I'm gonna ride it out, if they start getting water spots on them I'll do the mink oil to darken the whole shoe.

Leave a comment:

• jessy_diamond
    replied

While we're on the subject, mine scratch really easily and have some discoloration where the creases are. Is that normal ?

I used leather conditioner on them before the first wear, maybe this was a bad idea ?

Leave a comment:

• Standard_Deviance
    replied

I'm pretty sure beeswax has some water resistant properties to it, so you're probably fine as is.

Because I'm in a rainy climate and plan on wearing my beeswax Clark's a lot on wet days, I googled this same question and ultimately decided to treat mine with mink oil. I've only had them a few weeks, so the jury's still out. Just be aware that the mink oil will darken the leather a good bit.

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    started a topic Caring for my Clark's

Caring for my Clark's

I bought a pair of Clark's in bees wax about a month ago. I have worn them several times, not consecutive days. More like 1-2/week. I hadn't really thought about whether or my they should have some type of waterproofing or anything on them until today. As I was walking to my car, it started to rain. They didn't get all that wet, and seems to have dried without leaving a watermark or anything. I am just wondering of I got lucky or these don't need anything because they aren't suede. I did a brief search, but I didn't really see anything.

Working...
X