Banana Republic suit trendy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banana Republic suit trendy?

How trendy do you guys think the BR Tailored fit Italian wool navy two-button suit is?:

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=762150002&tid=braff4025845&ap=2&sit eID=brafcid105

I ask b/c I just bought one hoping it would be a timeless/classic (read: not trendy/disposable fashion) navy suit for many years to come, but then noticed the slimmer lapels and higher gorge might disqualify it from such.

OTOH, perhaps the jacket length (not too short) and classic color (navy) will help it stay timeless/classic?

Any thoughts on its longevity?

I think its a tad trendy BUT classic enough for the 5 year suit plan.

Comment

My big concern is lapel width...this one isn't super skinny, but it's on the narrower side, so something to consider.

Comment

Agree with trash on the lapel width. However, if you're a slim guy, go for it.

Comment

unfortunately, the 40% coupon code that was emailed out today does not work on mens suiting :/

Comment

You could press the lapels differently, if you wanted to. I'd say they're pretty slim but reasonable.

Comment

As far as color, you can't wrong with navy. I don't think that suit looks that trendy. If you want to really see trendy looking lapels, just watch Bill Maher's show.

Comment

Working...
              X