Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice - can spend up to $500 on a new sport coat/blazer

Hi All,

New to the forum and relatively new to making this look work. I am in my early 20's and would like a sport coat or a blazer to work with a pair of dark slim jeans. I want to be able to wear this out at night during the fall and winter, but I live in Southern California so I don't need anything heavy. I am looking for a tailored fit for the coat and preferably in blue, but can consider other colors. I am a skinny guy, but tall enough where I need a regular length. I am looking for something extra trim or at least trim.

Any ideas?

I would start trying on linen blazers and plan to buy 2 for $100 each instead. Be sure you have a white button up shirt with a button down collar. That will make wearing a lightweight blue blazer a cakewalk exercise in pairing.

Comment

From personal experience, I would divide up the $500 over 2 or 3 blazers rather than buying one.

I bought a ridiculously nice velvet Juicy Couture Men's blazer on ebay for $99 bucks. It was NWT and originally $350. Buying online can be tricky, it was very slim fitting and I actually had to lose about 10 pounds for it to fit right around the stomach.

So yea, check the thrift shops and look online for deals first. (I don't always suggest that, but for blazers it's a good strategy). If that doesn't work, something like the Marc Anthony slim fit blazers at Kohl's might do the trick.

Comment

Working...
      X