Allen Edmonds Break-In period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen Edmonds Break-In period

Everyone on these threads talks about how wonderful Allen Edmonds are, but no one talks about the fact that they need to be broken in. I just got my first pair of AEs, (Strand) , and was in formal wear this whole weekend, and by the end of the weekend, i couldn;t feel my feet. And it wasn;t because i got the wrong size. They were just misshapen and didnt really feel right under my feet. Does anyone know about how long i should expect that to go on? or should i just return em

Hmm, my strands took some breaking in, but they definitely didn't kill my feet at all. I've worn my recently bought park avenues, in a size slightly too large, and even those are still pretty comfy.

You might want to look into a different last.

Have you worn proper dress shoes before though? Or are you simply comparing them to athletic shoes?

AE's in general don't have much cushioning compared to other dress shoes though ( rockport, johnson and murphy, etc ).

Comment

Jake101, Other posters have shared a similar experience with Allen Edmonds shoes which leads me to believe that the AE footbed is simply uncomfortable for some people. A full day's wear should be sufficient to cause the cork footbed to begin conforming to the shape of your foot.

Comment

my feet are a bit misshapen underneath. 12 D has always fit me in any shoe i've ever bought. The issue i'm describing with the shoes is right in the outside middle of my feet where the insole has a slight bump, and my feet don't. Ouch. Other shoes i've had in the past just wore down over time and became comfortable. (also, it defnitely hurt less in the end of the day then the beginning. I'm merely asking if people have had similar experiences.)

Comment

This is interesting because the pair of Allen Edmonds that I recently purchased (Clifton) were the only pair of dress shoes I've purchased that required no break-in period. They were the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn right out of the box. I agree with zerostyle that maybe you should try a different last.

Comment

Working...
          X