Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slim fit white dress shirt any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slim fit white dress shirt any suggestions?

I've currently been using Eddie Bauer's slim fit wrinkle free shirt which has been great. However; I still feel like its a tad to much fabric around the waist as I have slightly wider shoulders so had to go with a large. Does anyone have any constructive suggestions on a white slim fit dress shirt they use that doesn't have to much around the middle??

Thanks

For off the rack: Nordstrom Trim Fit/Slim Fit - available at your local Nordstrom Rack for about $30. Try both, one is slimmer (can't remember which) - you should be satisfied with one of them.

Comment

H&M easy iron shirts are also extremely tailored in the sides. I can wear one without tailoring at 39 chest 28 waist

Comment

Those easy-iron H&M shirts fit me very well off the rack. They are darted the full length of the back and have no pleat. Be aware that the collars are smaller than typical dress shirts. I'd say the back height and collar points are ~1/4in or more shorter than typical dress shirt collars.

If you already have dress shirts you like, don't be afraid to take them to a tailor - you will usually be much more satisfied with the fit. Slimming the body is generally an inexpensive alteration and can be accomplished in a couple different ways. Opinions are usually free!

Comment

The Bar III slim-fit shirts at Macy's fit me perfectly off the rack, and they are quite reasonable price-wise. Also, Target's Merona dress shirts (the Express knock-off ones) fit quite well too and have a more substantial collar. The fabric isn't as good though.

"The principle can be established that for a man who does not cheat, what he believes to be true must determine his action."
          -- Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus

Comment

Best men's slim fit dress shirts for a small price come from T.M. Lewin. Depending on your body type, you don't need them tailored at all. Nobody does a slim fit better than the Europeans!

Comment

Calibrate Slim Fit or Banana Republic Slim Fit Stretch. Both retail for around $60 but can be had often on sale.

Comment

I know it's a bit pricey but the white Ludlow shirt with spread collar from J Crew is great. They just released these and they retail for $88 but grab one if it goes on sale. I bit the bullet and paid full price bc I'm wearing it in my wedding next Saturday.

Comment

From the 2 that I have, the Express MX1 are always solid, Only thing I disliked about them when i bought them was the front placket. But there good looking for the price.

Have to check out those nordrom ones, if there 30 bucks.

Comment

Moral of the story: you can find white shirts just about anywhere. Just try a bunch on to find what fits you best.

Comment

I'm not sure where the nordstrom $30 price is coming from. I'm pretty sure those shirts are regularly $65 and on sale for $40-$45.

Edit: looks like a few are on sale around $31. Most are in the $40ish price for sales though.

Comment

At the nordstrom rack where I live I can regularly find nordstrom branded trim and slim-fit white dress shirts for $30, but I guess it may be a local thing.

Comment

+1 for H&M easy iron's off the rack. I've tried Calvin Klein, J.Crew, and Express 1MX, and the H&M's felt nice and snug. I'm a Medium and I usually wear 15.5/34-35. I wouldn't say they're the highest quality shirt, but they definitely get the job done--and they can be found for <$10 at your local thrift.

Comment

The Nordstrom trim fit smartcare shirts are pretty good for the money. The fabric is low quality, but the fit is excellent for a thin or athletic build.

Comment

Neiman Marcus's trim-fit shirts are the best I've found. $30 from LastCall.com when they run one of their 40% discounts.

Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X