Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purple gingham shirt, navy pants, khaki blazer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple gingham shirt, navy pants, khaki blazer?

I recently picked up a khaki cotton/linen blazer. I am wondering if I could wear it with a purple gingham shirt and navy pants. I think the blazer and shirt would be fine, more curious about the shirt/pants combo. Anyone seen a similar combo that was successful?

Countryside Man of Letters

I give my tentative approval to this combination, but I'd have to see a picture to provide an official "Good Dappered Taste" stamp.

Comment

I'll post a pic when I get the blazer back from the tailor. Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Purple and navy blue often look good together -- adjacent on the color wheel is usually good, right?

Comment

That's kinda what I thought, I just wasn't completely sold on it. I have done the light blue/navy blue combo before. I think it looks quite good actually.

Comment

Not exactly a purple gingham shirt and a khaki blazer, but I think it looks great.

Comment

I've worn literally this exact thing, but with a camel sweater. It works. You could also do purple gingham and a navy blazer with khaki chinos. I like putting the purple with a navy blazer/sweater because then I can wear this khaki chino tie I have and it ends up looking pretty great.

Comment

Damn, I have a camel sweater too, but it never occurred to me for some reason. The above picture does look quite nice, IMO. I think my blazer may be a little darker, but thanks for the visual. I'll post a pic for final approval when the jacket comes home from the tailors. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                X