what do you think of Kühl pants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you think of Kühl pants?

saw these at REI and they look interesting. Stricktly casual with jean-like construction but not jeans. Lot's of ergo seams but not quite cargo pants. The particular one in the link is a slimmer fitting style. Also what is your take on black in a pant like this?

http://www.kuhl.com/products/5030/

Not a fan, but what are you going to wear them with?

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

if i wore them these would be for strictly casual wear with solid tshirt and casual shoe or sneaker.

Comment

I have some Kuhl shorts (past knee) specifically for rock climbing and they are very comfortable and durable without sacrificing movement. That said, they're technical clothing and I did not get them for style.

I do not care for the pants you linked, as they have a very high rise and do not look very flattering.

Comment

I would treat those as work pants. You wouldn't wear carpenter jeans with a loop for a hammer if you weren't actually swinging a hammer (BUT PEOPLE DO!). I have cargo pants that I wear when I'm climbing trees. But I know I can do so much better for casual wear than my work pants. Just changing into a pair of $30 Levi jeans can preserve the technical pants for what you bought them for while wearing jeans that are sharp for the purpose.

Some things are great at serving multiple purposes, but work/technical pants are best left as specialized items, IMO.

Comment

I've got a pair of their shorts that I picked up at Orvis a few years back, and they are super comfy and well made, but not particularly stylish. I'm guessing the same goes for those pants.

Comment

Unkühl. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) But in all seriousness, I probably wouldn't wear them.

Comment

Working...
              X