Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LosRockets
    replied

@zerostyle, I've got these: http://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bat...1/product.html After 2 or 3 washes, they're not as shiny as they were when I first opened them, but they haven't pilled. I think they may be too soft for you though.

Leave a comment:

• jicarv
    replied

If you guys have access to a Costco, try the Kirkland Supima Cotton 540 thread count sheet set. I highly recommend it.

<a>Link</a>

Leave a comment:

• bruschetta
    replied

zerostyle, I find that the brand with the little blue bear generally gives a smooth and cool feeling. You may find that misting adds an additional level of coolness.

Leave a comment:

• zerostyle
    replied

@LosRockets: which sheets did you get? I've been on the hunt forever to find a comfy set. They are either too soft or pill too easily.

(I want ones that are kind of smooth/cool feeling)

Leave a comment:

• brian3
    replied

I can relate to the toilet paper thing. It's one of the first things I notice when I get home.

Leave a comment:

• mixto
    replied

@tomservo: TP? time to upgrade to a Numi toilet.

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    replied

@tomservo adding to that list I'd say bed sHeets. Obviously not in college on a twinxl bed but I upgraded to some 500tc Egyptian cotton ones recently and its a world of difference. I wait for good sales (around $50 to 60) on highly rated queen sheet sets on overstock. Good investment.

Leave a comment:

• tomservo
    replied

The Magnanni's are a nice shoe and that's a good price. LastCall hasn't run a 40% off lately after what seemed to be every month in the spring so hopefully one comes up soon.

Brian, there's a lot of good advice here but let me add a little more. There are few items I consider quality to be the #1 factor in purchasing. Whiskey, toilet paper, and shoes. Cheap clothing can still look great, but cheap shoes just look cheap, will not be durable, and can even hurt your feet. A quality pair of dress shoes can last you 10+ years if you care for them.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• jicarv
    replied

Those Magnanni's look great! I'm glad @LosRockets posted them because now I'm considering them for myself.

Leave a comment:

• brian3
    replied

@Juan I'm not set on AE shoes, I just noticed them so I was curious about their quality. I'm probably going to wait for a 40% sale on last call and nab those Magnanni shoes. Thanks for all the help you've given me.

Leave a comment:

• jicarv
    replied

@Brian - Those shoes are lesser quality than regular AE. ie. glued rubber sole versus welted leather sole. So, they are cheaper for a reason. I think you can do much better with your $200. If you are set on AE, you may want to call one of the AE outlets to see if they have a sale on 2nds for labor day weekend. Edward at the Freeport Outlet is a great resource: ALLEN EDMONDS OUTLET, FREEPORT - 207-865-6222.

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    replied

@Brian I'm a 10 in dress shoes and 10.5 in athletic shoes. If you're the other way around I'd definitely try to get to a store to try on these shoes (and talk to a knowledgable sales rep) so you can get your size down. As for the shoes, honestly I don't like the look of them. You want a black plain cap-toe!

@NC: Never seen nice shoes in my size go for less than $100-150 either. Props to you for being such a good Ebayer, that's really impressive!

Leave a comment:

• brian3
    replied

@Jessy Lol maybe I am just a little unsure of what my shoe size is then. 9.5 for me is a general comfortable, somewhat loose fit.

Leave a comment:

• jessy_diamond
    replied

@Margotron Same here, most shoes go for $100-150. I don't know how he does it.

@Brian : Weird, I usually have to size up for athletic shoes.

Leave a comment:

• brian3
    replied

Two more things.

I'm probably going to be buying these online so I probably won't be able to try them on.

My shoe size is a 9.5. I wear 9's for atheltic shoes though to give me a tight fit. Is there a general sizing tip for dress shoes, like size up/size down? I'd probably go for a 10 if there isn't half sizes.

Also, what do you guys think about the AE shoes that are under $200? Just browsing around their site and here's one of them: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF3014_1_40000000001_-1

Thanks!

EDIT: sorry for the double post, didn't see the edit button at first...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X