No announcement yet.

Buying new dress shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Juan I'm not set on AE shoes, I just noticed them so I was curious about their quality. I'm probably going to wait for a 40% sale on last call and nab those Magnanni shoes. Thanks for all the help you've given me.

Comment

Those Magnanni's look great! I'm glad @LosRockets posted them because now I'm considering them for myself.

Comment

The Magnanni's are a nice shoe and that's a good price. LastCall hasn't run a 40% off lately after what seemed to be every month in the spring so hopefully one comes up soon.

Brian, there's a lot of good advice here but let me add a little more. There are few items I consider quality to be the #1 factor in purchasing. Whiskey, toilet paper, and shoes. Cheap clothing can still look great, but cheap shoes just look cheap, will not be durable, and can even hurt your feet. A quality pair of dress shoes can last you 10+ years if you care for them.

Good luck!

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

@tomservo adding to that list I'd say bed sHeets. Obviously not in college on a twinxl bed but I upgraded to some 500tc Egyptian cotton ones recently and its a world of difference. I wait for good sales (around $50 to 60) on highly rated queen sheet sets on overstock. Good investment.

Comment

@tomservo: TP? time to upgrade to a Numi toilet.

Comment

I can relate to the toilet paper thing. It's one of the first things I notice when I get home.

Comment

@LosRockets: which sheets did you get? I've been on the hunt forever to find a comfy set. They are either too soft or pill too easily.

(I want ones that are kind of smooth/cool feeling)

Comment

zerostyle, I find that the brand with the little blue bear generally gives a smooth and cool feeling. You may find that misting adds an additional level of coolness.

Comment

If you guys have access to a Costco, try the Kirkland Supima Cotton 540 thread count sheet set. I highly recommend it.

<a>Link</a>

Comment

@zerostyle, I've got these: http://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bat...1/product.html After 2 or 3 washes, they're not as shiny as they were when I first opened them, but they haven't pilled. I think they may be too soft for you though.

Comment

Working...
                      X