F&O Chinos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F&O Chinos

New Frank and Oak chinos released for hunt club members. Fit looks to be a nice slim fit with a taper. Size options though are worrisome. I'm a 32x30 or 31x30 typically but only seem to be 32 lengths available for sizes over 28. So far a tan, dark brown, and gray.

My cocktail videos >

I picked up the "truffle" pair in 32x32. Will post a fit pic and review upon arrival.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

tdig- we share the same size. im curious how they fit. keep us posted.

Comment

I'm rather envious that you guys have that option as they are always on crazy sales it seems. I've got a pair of Raw Denim tappered jeans and Refined Slim Fit chinos I just can't wear out. The leg goes right into my shoes instead of over them and they are quite "form" fitting the entire length down including calves which looks really odd. Still on a hunt for a good looking pair of chinos, LEC and Tommy H are very very icky and I find I'm forcing myself to wear them because I bought them.

Look forward to the review to see if they might be worth looking for a straight fit version.

Comment

I just got that email as well. The calf area and leg opening on these seem to be too tight for my taste.

I like the BR Gavin fit chinos as those fit me very well without being overly tight.

Comment

im hesitant to order from f&O since I found out about their return policy. I might just get off the trunk club once i order my basics.

Comment

@viscious thats possible. ive got terrible chicken legs so im hoping that they work out without being too tight. i definitely dont want a skinny jeans type look...

My cocktail videos >

Comment

Wouuld have gladly picked up a pair but the lack of sizing is silly. I'm a 38 waist..

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

I ordered a size 38 blazer from this earlier this month and it fit tighter than any 38 blazer I've tried on before. I ordered a size M dress shirt from them that fit pretty snug in the chest area out of the box and after a simple washing was too tight for me to wear. I'm getting the impression that F&O stuff is only designed for really skinny guys.

Comment

I feel the same about the jacket as Vicious49, however, I feel the opposite about the shirts. The 36 jacket I tried was insanely snug. Of the three shirts I got, I returned two. The one I kept was noticeably smaller than the others (a good thing). All three were size small... yet two were boofier than the blazer.

I think I'll wait for a crate to try the pants, since the best they've got is 28x30 or 30x32 and I use 29x30 in almost everything.

...If the chinos are an option for the crate.

Comment

I'm worried about their sizing. I'm a solid 30x30. Also, as per usual, their pricing scheme is incomprehensible. Don't get me wrong, I find F&O to be a good deal, but asking me to pay $50 for a pair of pants when I can pay the same price for a blazer is nuts.

Also, I'm getting sick of their increasingly frequent email blasts. I emailed customer service and asked if there is a way to manage the emails you receive from F&O. The short answer is no, but that news was delivered with an inexplicable bit of attitude form the customer service rep. Guess he was offended that I don't want emails about flannel trucker hats clogging up by inbox.

Comment

Chinos came in yesterday and I am pretty pleased with the fit. They are similar to the JCrew urban slim fit chinos but only slightly less slim. My JCrew urban slim fit chinos are my favorite fitting pair that I own and these are close. I'm typically a 31 waist so I was hoping that given how small their Blazers run that the 32 pants would be perfect but they are a good inch too big in the waist. The leg fits very nicely though and I like the color (truffle). Not as dark as I expected but a very versatile shade.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

Received the chinos today. I was super impressed with the quality and fabric, but unfortunately am returning them. I can't entirely blame it on "fit" because they were ok, but my size was not an option. I am usually a 29x30 but had to resort to the next closest option, 30x32. Obviously, they were big in the waist and long. I will probably snag a 28x30 instead, to see if those fit since these run big. The 30s were bigger in the waist than I imagined for a 30 (which I can sometimes pull off for a "tailored" fit, like BR pants), and had ample room for an athletic ass/thigh region.

The fabric is awesome. It's soft and stretchy, but looks like any normal khaki. I was really impressed. I wish I could have kept these but tailoring them would have cost as much as the pants, and probably put the pockets too close together. I do appreciate that F&O put two separate belt loops in the back, instead of one in the middle (my tailor prefers that - easier to manage).

Comment

Working...
                          X