Park Avenues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Park Avenues

Whats with everyones fetish with AE Park Ave's. I love AE's but i think those things are soooo bland. What do you guys see in them that I am missing?

Correction: I mean the Black ones, i just saw the Merlots that dahoman (i think his tag was) bought in Alberts thread, and I could see why people would like those, but the blacks ones....

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

I agree with you: I think they're very bland. But it's a nice shoe that can fit a lot of different occasions, which is why I've got a pair.

I don't like black leather very much though; I'm all about the rich browns.

Comment

I personally do not own park aves, but apparently so many people like them because they are a simple black shoe that can be worn at more formal events. People associate simple with formal and PA's are definitely that. Therefore, if guys are just going to buy one formal shoe in their life, I guess the majority of people feel the PA's are a very good bet. I have black wingtips that, I'm assuming, are more up Max's alley. Browns are personally my favorite color of shoe to wear because I feel they are richer and stand out more. However, simple black shoes are necessity for formal events.

Max, what formal shoe would you suggest is another nice looking option?

Comment

Albert, you would be right, I am more of a wingtips type. like Mag, i dont really like black leather. I do like plain cap toes just not in black, I would prefer any shae of brown, i do own a pair of gently used ferragamo caps toes in black suede which i love but i only got it cuz it was suede and it was 11 bucks (i think the original owner didnt know what to do with the shoe cuz i swear it looked like they were worn like 5 times when i bought them)(sorry, tangent)...But if i was forced to wear a simple shoe, i would just go with a plain toe slim shoe. Or maybe something similiar to these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Salvatore-Fe...item27bda0afe9 , for a cap toe, and i still would be reluctant. I completely understand the formal thing, but i just could not bring myself to ever buying the PA.

But to each their own...

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
        I>0<I

Comment

If I was buying a pair of AEs, I'd want something much nicer than a pair of black park avenues. You can always get a pair of cheap black oxfords at other stores, but I'd get something truely unique at AE.

I'm really not a fan of black leather shoes. Maybe wingtip black leather, but not the plain stuff. I guess it stems from being at a university, where aparantly the only suits people know exist are black suits with black leather shoes. Which is why I opted for a pair of burgundy Florsheim wingtips.

Comment

I gotta pair of black Park Ave's for 10 bucks at a thrift store a few months back. I'm not a huge fan of black shoes either but I feel a pair of plain jane black captoes is a must for a man's wardrobe. Necessary for funerals, interviews, and conservative stylin.

Comment

Working...
            X