OCBD Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCBD Advice

I've been looking around for awhile now at getting a nice light blue OCBD (and maybe a white one as well) and I think I have narrowed in on Brooks Brothers extra-slim version. I'll be wearing it in my casual office place, under sweaters, and with dark jeans, so I do not need anything very formal. Does anyone have any thoughts on the Brooks Brothers version, or have any other recommendations? I'm willing to spend a bit more if it's going to be my new favorite shirt, but otherwise just a reasonable price for a staple. Thanks everyone!

I'll be honest, the Bonobos oxfords fit me perfectly in small. I normally wear mediums (16 neck, 32.5 sleeve, 38 chest) but the mediums are huge. Sized down to small and now own 2 of them, soon to be 3 or 4 and just love them. They are a bit on the pricey side at 88-98$.

If you've never bought from bonobos before, you can get 25 off 75$ by using someones referral code on here that is in the "all things bonobos" thread. Mine is in there, but feel free to use anyones. I want to convey how much I love the shirts, and not that i'm trying to score free credit.

Comment

I think you'll be happy with Brooks Brothers, though I don't have any specific experience as per fit. Do grab them on sale though, otherwise I think you're better off going with an MTM from a company like Ratio, cost wise.

Check out shop style, it's a good website to compare offerings from several different shops at once. If you're willing to spend the money for quality the biggest thing is fit and good materials (100% cotton).

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

I love the quality and fit of the Bonobos oxfords. They are my favorite.

Comment

The extra-slim BB oxfords are slim enough that there is no sizing down. That means the neck and sleeve need to right, otherwise the something will be too long or too short.

Comment

I bought my first two BB OBCD's in extra slim fit, and generally am not impressed, even for their sale price of ~ $45 each or so.

They are not as slim as I had hoped, there are threads coming loose all over the place, and it's difficult to get a proper "V" in the neck when unbuttoning 2-3 buttons.

Oddly, I'd say that the Lands End tailored fit OBCD's I bought on sale for $12 were better quality, though just a bit bulkier.

Comment

Dumb question, but what does OCBD stand for?

Comment

Oxford Cloth Button Down

Comment

Also, I love my LEC Heritage Oxfords. They're pricey, so wait for a sale. They're thick without being bulky, slim but not overly so. The only negative is the smaller collar.

Comment

I just picked up a few of the new GAP modern oxfords. I was lucky enough to get them for $25 a piece, but I love them. At full price ($50) I'd probably have looked more at Brooks Brothers, but with no stores locally, I was concerned with ordering online.

Comment

I love my BB OCBD shirts in Extra Slim Fit (I'm a twig). But I buy them in bulk when they are on sale twice a year.

Comment

Nordstrom has the bonobos ones on sale right now 50% off. Are these the ones you have Jordan? http://bit.ly/PXcPX2

Comment

Jeremy- Holy crap! That is them!

Comment

whoa! i was about to comment on how much i also love my bonobos oxford that i have in white and then saw the 50% off.. definitely taking advantage!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! I just picked up a white and blue but I'm probably an XS. Oh well, easy returns at Nordstrom.

Comment

Working...
                              X