BR Modern Fit Blazer vs. Tailored fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BR Modern Fit Blazer vs. Tailored fit

My wife was in BR the other day and saw a blazer for $75. She said it was a Modern fit. The 42R Tailored fit is perfect with the exception of taking the sleeves up an inch. Does anyone know how the two compare? The store is ~45 mins away and I'd prefer to ask here before I drive there. I read in one of Joe's posts that he wears a larger size in the tailored fit, but I have found that I wear a 42r (at least shoulder-wise, sometimes 42s for length) in every jacket I have tried on.

Countryside Man of Letters

Side aside, because I can pull of the same size in both, the biggest difference I notice is the looseness of the arm holes. The modern fit isn't as slim around the armpits as the Tailored.

Comment

I own a suit in both fits, if you are in between sizes (like I believe Joe is) you MAY have to size down in the modern fit, but I did not have to. The sleeves are fuller, and I needed to get it taken in at the sides, as tarmac says the armholes are also slightly larger.

All that being said, after getting the sides taken-in, the Modern fit is still a great, some-what slim cut look, not as trendy, but if the tailored fits you perfectly OTR, then your modern fit will need to have some tailoring done.

Comment

Ok thanks. The jacket was cheap enough to still be ahead including tailoring costs. Thanks for the input.

Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Working...
        X