What would you buy with $250?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you buy with $250?

So I have recieved a $250 gift card for my birthday, and not sure how I want to spend it.

My normal work wear is Casual Friday, which means chinos, dark jeans, polos, OCBD, and a nice pair of shoes/boots.

My wardrobe is pretty well stocked for all seasons, so my dilemma, if I can call it that, is what to use it on; or not use it at all for now.

I am open to any and all suggestions, I am just casting out a wide net for things or ideas I have not considered or thought of.

The times are few and far between that I have this amount to spend however I like, so I am tossing this one out to everyone.

So what would you spend it on? It can be 1 large purchase, or many small items.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

I'd probably go for a watch.

Comment

Depends on to what store the gift card is for.

5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

It is a visa gift card, so can be items from anywhere.

I appreciate the responses so far, but I am looking for specifics.

@Vicious49 - what watch?

Comment

Just save it. "What should I buy?" is a question that isn't friendly on wallets. "What do I need to buy?" is a better question, whether it's something your wardrobe lacks or simple things like groceries.

Comment

If you truly don't need to add anything to your wardrobe, don't find an excuse to spend the gift card now. Hold onto it until you DO realize you need something...unless, of course, the gift card has an expiration date. If it does, reassess your needs right before it expires.

But if you don't need anything right now, don't buy anything right now.

Comment

I'd wait. You are bound to find something "must-have" on your own soon.

Comment

I would wait for a really good sale on a pair of shoes or again its never to early to start Christmas shopping haha

Comment

These

Comment

close ursus. but these are even sexier:

http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2338

My cocktail videos >

Comment

Are you covered in the bags department? A good duffel or portfolio bag? I would, as always, suggest Duluth Pack.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Whole cuts are nasty, IMO. Also would never purchase monks personally, but those are sexy doubles.

I'd save it, as people have said above, but understand the feeling that you need to spend it. Possibly a new fall/winter coat or a really nice sweater?

Comment

A visa gift card is as good as cash. If there's nothing you need just save it or use it for gas or something.

5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

The other guys make a good point. Just wait a bit and you'll find something that you 'must have'.

Comment

I concur with everyone who said to wait. I've had $250 in credit for several months now and I was itching to just burn it either on some new AE Dalton's, a Hamilton watch, or a bunch of Brooks Brothers ESF shirts.

Guess what, I'm not spending that money on any of those. Because I held out, I now have $250 that I can toward a non-clothing purchase for a piece of camera equipment that will really get its use.

I can tell you I absolutely didn't need new shoes, I just wanted a white-faced dial watch, and BB ESF shirts don't even fit me all that well. Good thing I didn't get impulsive.

Comment

Working...
                              X