Grey belt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grey belt?

Simple question, but - does anyone have a suggestion for where to find a grey belt? I love grey shoes, and have many a pair (desert boots, boat shoes, casual low-top sneakers, etc), but I can't seem to find a good grey belt to go with them!

Bumping this, because I'm really hoping that somebody on Threads has a suggestion for a good grey belt! Come on, people...what do you wear with all your grey suede shoes?!

Comment

Personally, I think I'd avoid a grey belt with grey shoes. Might get a little too matchy. I'd probably just stick with brown leather.

(disclaimer: I do not in any capacity believe myself to be an expert on this particular subject. Someone more knowledgeable than me might completely disagree)

Comment

That's a good point, Deke, and I'm open to it--I've gone back and forth on the question myself. These days, being without a grey belt, I usually wear a black belt with my grey shoes, just because I feel like grey and black are related/fall in the same greyscale family. (Though if I'm wearing an outfit with more earth tones/brown, then I'll wear a brown one.)

Comment

@brooklyn87 Funny, I prefer a brown belt with my grey shoes, since brown is a lighter color, like grey. You match by color family, I match by lightness.

Comment

+1 to no grey belt. I think a lighter tan/natural belt like this one goes well with light grey shoes:

http://store.billykirk.com/store/graphics/00000001/109SB_5.jpg

If it is a darker gray, perhaps a light brown should work. If it's a casual outfit and you're feeling adventurous, even a blue belt would do.

Comment

I have 2 gray canvas d-ring belts that I wear with my gray shoes (suede desert boots and canvas deck sneakers). They don't match the color of my gray shoes closely enough to make me feel goofy about it. Also, the textures are different.

Comment

Working...
              X