Levi's 513 vs. 514. Round 1. FIGHT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Levi's 513 vs. 514. Round 1. FIGHT!

Having recently gotten a shipment in from Levi's (since Macy's doesn't carry the 513's in store in my area), I have to say, these are my new favorite jeans. As a tall and slim guy (6 ft. and 160) the 514's are great, but can often feel too loose/baggy for my taste. I also have some 511's but I wear those in more casual settings than anything else. The 513's are probably the best fitting jeans I've ever gotten, outside of the GAP straight fit.

I know the 514's have popularity in the Dappered Community, so I want this thread to serve as both informational (for those who are looking for the best fitting jeans out there) and to see what others think/how they compare the 513's to the 514's.

So what is the specific difference, just more of a taper on the leg? I was noticing these on Macy's site and was curious. I'm a bigger guy and buy a size 40w but some 514s fit great, others haven't.

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Only difference (for me) is exactly what you said, more of a taper on the leg. The fit through the thighs is consistent with most of my 514's.

Comment

Interesting. This might be right up my alley given that I have to tape the 514s...

Thanks for the info.

Comment

I'm definitely interested in trying out the 513s, if I can find them in person. I like my 514s but as my tastes have evolved to a more tapered pant leg, the 514s feel more and more like a bootcut to me.

Ben

Comment

I've heard the 513 has a higher rise than the 514. Any truth to that?

Comment

Also relevant to my interests..

Comment

If there is a difference, it's as slight as can be, since the waist/rise fits me just the same as a 514 does.

Comment

Yes, the 513s are definitely a tad higher rise, (although maybe that's just inconsistency on levi's part...) but maybe not even all the way to the standard waistline.

The reason I prefer the 514s - and why I'll never own 511s - is because, while I'm thin, I want my jeans to looks like jeans. Sure, maybe they are a little darker and better fitting than traditional American workwear, but that's what inspired them. Go to slim and you lose that feel. I'd just rather throw on a pair of midnight blue alpha khakis then go past the 514.

Comment

513s for me. The 511s are too skinny, the 514s are a bit loose from the knee down, but the 513s are juuuuust right.

Comment

I need to order some 513's cuz like most of you find 514's too baggy sometimes. On another note has anyone seen the 508's? I noticed them on the Levi site and haven't seen any in stores but am curious on how they are.

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp...0&locale=en_US

Comment

I'm in the same boat as Powder et al: the 513's hit the sweet spot for me. The only annoying thing is that they're harder to find than 514's and 511's, and less likely to go on deep sale.

Comment

Macy's is having a substantial Levis sale right now...

Comment

Macy's doesn't really have any traditional dark indigo styles in stock right now, though. The Super Dark are a bit more blue than traditional indigo would be. I went through the official Levi's site to order mine last month. They're running a 25% off promo until Sunday.

Comment

I'd recommend the Scraper Dark, which is what I ordered/am currently wearing.

Comment

Working...
                              X