Land's End sweaters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land's End sweaters?

I'm returning a LE green gingham shirt and am thinking about exchanging it for a basic gray V-neck sweater, which is a wardrobe staple I still don't have. Can anyone comment from experience on the quality and fit of their sweaters? Are there any specific models that are better than others? Or am I better off just getting a full refund on the shirt (only $25) and buying sweaters elsewhere? Frankly, I'm getting really tired of returning clothes in the mail...I've sent back two pairs of shores to Zappos, one shirt to Bonobos, and now two shirts to LE in the last month. Finding clothes that fit me via mailorder is turning out to me a major challenge.

I bought a cardigan from LEC that's supposed to get here tomorrow. I can let you know what it's like.

Comment

@Matt, don't get too down on it. That is the challenge when you start this whole process out. Soon you will have found things that fit you nicely and know how sizing works with a variety of brands. Then everything gets much easier.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

My experience with LE sweaters has been that they tend to be stingy in the length and generous in the width compared to other sweaters I've tried.

Comment

I'm a bigger guy so the sizing might differ but I found their v-necks to run generally size true but a cardigan I bought once was very large. Depending on your frame, maybe size down?

With regards to sending things back...I feel your pain my friend. Since I buy XXLs mostly, which is rarely found in store, the majority of my shopping is done online. A lot of times I buy two sizes or buy a few extra things knowing I will send most of it back, especially with larger retailers whose sizing always (and very annoyingly) changes.

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I agree the two cardigans I bought ended up being wider rather than longer. Def size down if possible

Comment

My experience has actually been just the opposite. I have a couple of LEC cardigans that I bought from there at some point that I've found reasonably snug, but the v-necks I've gotten always fit a little large in the stomach and sides. They're usually cotton, or cotton/cashmere blends, so I've just taken to washing and drying them once or twice to let them shrink, but yeah. Regular Lands' End ones, on the other hand, are pretty much completely unwearable regardless unless you size down.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I think I'm just going to make things easy and try their Washed Original Oxford in medium since it's on sale at $20. At that price it's a pretty even exchange and I can just use it as a beater shirt for fieldwork (which I need more of, as well). Who knows, since it's a "Traditional Fit" maybe there will be just enough room at the waist that it'll fit better than the shirt I'm returning.

Comment

I just bought two of the washed original oxfords last week with the 25% off and free shipping code. I thought it was a great deal at $30+tax for two. I got one white and one blue (still waiting for the yellow to get back in stock), size medium. I surprisingly found them to be less baggy, more of a tailored fit, for a supposedly traditional fit shirt. I typically wear a 16 neck size and the mediums are sized 15-15 1/2. I also found them to be a little shorter than "traditional" shirts. After washing and drying on low, as to minimize shrinking, I think they fit great. The sleeves slightly shrunk, which is good for me because shirt sleeves tend to be long on me for S,M,L sized shirts. The neck is fine, as I won't be buttoning the top button, and while the length slightly shrunk, they are still tuckable. However, I'm 5'11", so if your over 6' you may find a medium to be a little on the short side.

All in all, I'm happy with the shirts and will be keeping them. I'm also one who tends to return 90% of what I buy. It drives my wife nuts.

Comment

Very much depends on which you buy:

Cotton crew neck sweater: Ran fairly normal to size in the chest, but very short in length. I tend to be between sizes and went with a medium instead of a small.

Shaker shawl cardigan: Went with the small and it fits perfect. This one definitely ran a little larger.

Can't comment on v-necks or regular cardigans.

Comment

Working...
                    X