Aldo Blake boots - Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aldo Blake boots - Thoughts?

Really like the looks of the AE Daltons but I don't think I'd wear them enough to spend the extra $. Anyone have these?

I'd probably want the dark brown but the bordeaux is on sale for a great price

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/men/mr-b...09295-blake/28

I have the dark brown. They're a bit chunky (haven't seen the Dalton but they look sleeker in pictures), and have pretty thick soles. Leather quality seems all right, I haven't worn mine yet so I don't know how it creases, but it's definitely below AE quality. Some people here have commented on the brogue perforations being too big - I agree, but I think it's less noticeable in the dark brown. All in all for the sale price not a bad buy, but any more and I'd rather wait for another AE seconds sale.

Comment

They are nice boots, but they are too chunky and round in my opinion to be used for anything other than casual outfits. But they are great looking casual wingtip boots and for the sale price they're a good deal.

Comment

I have the Daltons in walnut and the Blakes in bordeaux. I'm a boot guy. I paid about $75 for the Blakes, and that's about what I would want to pay. The leather is suprisingly decent. The brogueing is a bit weird looking, but oh well. The Daltons are much, much sleeker in every way. But I do like the Blakes, I plan on making them more of a kick-around boot than the Daltons. The shape, sole, and brogueing make them very casual. I think they are a nice addition to a fall/winter shoe wardrobe, especially on sale.

@Kevin, do not pay $175. At that price you could get AE seconds like trash said.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Never had the Blakes, but I have a pair of Mr. B's shoes, the Pedragon bluchers. The interior lining of the shoe covering some seams is peeling after only a few months and maybe 5 wears (one an all-day affair, the rest mostly just a few hours). I took them into Aldo to see if they'd take a warranty and the manager told me that was just wear-and-tear, wouldn't affect the life of the shoe, they could glue it down for me, they're hand-made so there are occasional mishaps, yadda yadda yadda. Basically doing everything to excuse shoddy craftsmanship. Was really turned off by the experience, to the point I wouldn't buy anything Aldo-affiliated unless I really loved it and it was a smoking deal.

Retailed at $150, paid about $70 for them with a 50% off coupon and a 10% off order coupon. I would not pay any more than that. Anything more than that and I'd just bite the bullet and buy nicer shoes.

Comment

I

These would be strictly for casual outfits - khakis, chinos, etc

Thanks for the advice

Comment

dchu, where did you get the half off coupon?

Comment

Working...
              X