Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The J.Crew Factory Herringbone Blazer (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The J.Crew Factory Herringbone Blazer (pics)

So I got this in today. It fits near perfect but the what is bugging me is the shoulder area. It's lightly padded but where the padding and material come together at the joint it is rather thick when all sewn together and I think I look like a Romulan. Doesn't look like any real way to reduce that bump without disassembling the arms.

Jordan, there's nothing wrong with that shoulder. I think that it looks good.

Try holding the jacket up to the light and look at the back. I could see straight through the one that I received. Check the jacket thoroughly to make sure that you received one without such obvious flaws -- you don't want it falling apart on you! A few other Dappered.com readers posted a similar experience in the comments section of Joe's article.

Comment

Romulan

Comment

I can just barely see some light through it if i hold it up to my flourescent kitchen lights, only on the unlined part. Not enough to make me worry.

Comment

At least you don't have a bowl cut like the Romulans do, right?

Comment

I just got the factory tweed blazer in today. It fits wonderfully but is a but itchy. It bothers me that it isn't fully lined. It sounds like the herringbone blazer isn't fully lined either,

Anyways, here's a pic of the tweed blazer.

Comment

I ordered the herringbone blazer, but after seeing the pics, the tweed is looking pretty damn good to me. What are your guys's opinions on the quality?

unfortunately, they're out of my size in the tweed now. it's probably for the better

Comment

@jordan - i agree with you that those shoulders dont look right. i dont think i could rock it personally.

@nftmlk - ive got the tweed from a couple seasons back and i wear it constantly throughout the fall. it is my go to once the weather starts to drop.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

@Jordan

I agree with tdig, I'm just not sure that jacket looks right on you. I have the same problem with the Target Kensington. It fits, but it just doesn't look right on my body.

Comment

I would have to agree more with bruschetta that the shoulder looks ok to me. For reference check out Joe's review of last year's tweed jacket

http://dappered.com/2011/09/in-person-the-j-crew-factory-tweed-blazer/

The shoulders in his pic look the same as yours to me.

Also, maybe if you have something more substantial underneath it (rather than a t-shirt) it would change the appearance? Can't hurt to check.

Comment

jh - good point.

I kinda want to swap for the Tweed, but the sale ends today and the nearest Jcrew factory store is about 45 minutes away.

Comment

I will have to agree, that the shoulders look just fine. I actually ordered both the herringbone and the tweed, which I expect will be delivered today. I'll find out pretty soon which I'll be keeping and if either of them is going back.

Comment

Buy online and return the other one (with Receipt) within the return/exchange window. You may be out a few bucks shipping, but getting what you want (or returning what you don't) is worth a few bucks.

I recently asked at the store, and unfortunately for us little guys, their Factory stores do not carry 36 or 36S in jackets, waists smaller than 30 inches, or many shirts/sweaters in XS.

Comment

@Jordan

I'd just buy it online and throw a couple of maybe items in there to get the free shipping and return whatever doesn't work/I don't like.

Comment

Jordan - I have mixed feelings. Maybe with a sweater underneath?

Vicious - That fits perfectly. Very sharp.

Comment

Working...
                              X