No announcement yet.

What one thing are you saving up for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannon, you are a man after my own james bond loving heart.

Comment

Seeing as we're approaching Fall...

1) Think I may finally pull the trigger on a Barbour jacket. Something I can wear over higher-end business casual to the office, but also can wear casually on weekends (during the day or to the bar).

2) Slacks/Suits -- revamping my slacks/suits to a better fit. Still wearing a good bit of older stuff that's loose fit (for lack of a better term). I have some pants waiting to be tailored, and another suit, but I think I may make my way down to check out Suit Supply at some point. If those aren't great for me, I may try to find a true MTM alternative (or SS's MTM, but I have a feeling that gets pretty pricey).

Comment

Cannon's post

/thread

Comment

@hornsup, Barbours can be ebayed (with patience like everything else on eBay).

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Navy suit. Currently have a very versatile grey, but would like to put a navy into the rotation. I'm not required to wear suits often, but I'd like having the two standards in my closet.

Comment

The anti-Rolex:

http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/S-SBDX001/SEIKO-Prospex-300M-Diver-Automatic-SBDX001-Marine-Master.html

I'm a ways away, though...

Comment

@Redcoat

Is it really the anti-Rolex? Bond has worn Rolex, Seiko, and Omega. That alone makes me associate them with each other and their places in higher end markets.

Comment

I'm saving up for a new wardrobe - been slumming it in 20-something-style for too long now. So probably picking up a few pairs of Indochino shirts, since I think I'm going to have to go with MTM; it's hard finding anything that fits off the rack.

Other than that, Givi bags for my Interceptor, probably a Sargent seat.

Comment

@Cannon at least in America Seiko is viewed as a cheap watch. Grand Seiko on the other hand is really on par with Rolex, but at a more budget friendly price.

Comment

The this:

http://www.precisiontime.co.uk/images/hamilton/jazzmaster/H32716859_front.JPG

Hamilton Jazzmaster Maestro. Perfect combination of simplicity, elegance and function.

Will be mine...

Comment

I need a nice watch, still haven't found the one yet. Oh and a house. Kind of a large purchase as well.

Comment

@John Pepper - Nice pick

Comment

As an architect who frequently is carrying oversized 11x17 pieces of paper around, I've been looking for something more elegant than rolling them up and putting them into a tube. In my search for a portfolio brief, I found this Portfolio Brief Case on Etsy:

http://etsy.me/R1wbao

Looks perfect.

Comment

I have regularly been eyeing the Letson shoes in grey by J&M

Comment

Either walnut AE Daltons or a navy Barbour Bedale. Greg_S, yes you can find a Barbour on ebay (I have been stalking them for months) but I would love to have the opportunity to work in the jacket myself. Same as a pair of levis.

Comment

Working...
                                X