What one thing are you saving up for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What one thing are you saving up for?

I was driving to work this morning and my old love popped back in to my head. I have lusted after her for many years. She is always out of reach though. I mean she is just so expensive. It doesn't help that Joe keeps bringing her up. Why must he be so cruel? I bought her little sister to tide me over and I love her dearly, but the lust remains. I could afford to buy a used one but then my family would starve. I will one day own one though.

I am of course speaking of the Tag Heuer Monaco. I am saving my pennies though and will one day own one.

What one piece are you saving up for?

Currently, this pair of Meermin longwings or a really nice navy blazer.

Comment

Good topic

Lately, with a significant portion of my paycheck going toward paying for an engagement ring and law school books, it feels like everything requires some period of saving to acquire. After buying a par of walnut AE Cliftons and falling in love, I am now saving up to replace my brown Kenneth Coles with a brown AE (or other goodyear equivalent). Though with fall almost here, I might have to find myself a good blazer first.

Comment

This portfolio bag

http://duluthpack.com/bison-series/b...portfolio.html

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Those same Meermin longwings that BJ posted.

Comment

Meermin Suede Double monks with the rubber soles. Just need to figure out my sizing.

Comment

If anything, I am selling off my more expensive watches to help pay for my upcoming wedding. After everything settles back down and I'm debt free again, I want to purchase this next year sometime.

http://www.christopherward-usa.com/m...auto-sgwt.html

Comment

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2049726758/queen-city-dry-goods-waxed-canvas-racer-jacket-lau

I've thought about one of those jackets in grey, to give to myself for chrismas. Assuming they are in production by then.

Not totally sure though, 400+ is a lot to drop on a jacket.

Comment

a zegna suit .. around $500 at saks fifth avenue outlet

Comment

saving up for an NOS pair of Florsheim Royal Imperial Longwings in shell cordovan that I've been stalking for awhile now.

Soon....

Comment

A down payment for a condo downtown. This site isnt helping

Comment

Good thread.

I recently pulled the trigger on something I had been saving and lusting after for awhile after getting a new job. A pair of Cole Haan Lunargrands.

That being said, I'm not sure I'm going to be making any huge purchases though but maybe a shawl collar sweater from Vince or a nice Fair Isle sweater in the winter.

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Kent Wang MTM 3-piece navy blue suit. Soon...

Comment

A Filson Original Briefcase. After trying multiple "everyday" bags over the years (Timbuk2 messenger, BucketBoss Contractor's Briefcase, current Mountain Hardwear Hilo messenger bag) I have yet to find one that doesn't drive me crazy after a year of use due to some design flaw I can't get used to. I'm bound and determined to save up enough $$$ to get a truly great and durable bag that I can use for the rest of my career, and so far the Filson seems like a good choice. A Saddleback is just too far out of my price range.

Comment

Things in SkyFall, like his $25,000 classic game-hunting rifle, his DB5, his Tom Ford suits, his Omega watches, his Barbour jacket, etc.

Yeah, trinkets.

Comment

Working...
                              X