[REVIEW] SuitSupply mini review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[REVIEW] SuitSupply mini review.

I ordered SuitSupply's Grey Herringbone Suit via the website and it arrived today. I thought that other threads members might appreciate a quick first impression of the suit.

SuitSupply ships its suits in large boxes that resemble tombstones.

Upon opening the box you are presented with the suit protected by a large piece of cardboard and a suit bag. The bag is a thick blue canvas. The sleeves of the suit are stuffed with padding paper to preserve the shape, and they're wrapped with the same paper to keep the suit clean. A catalog, invoice, and prepaid return shipping label are included under the cardboard layer.

I ordered a 38R and the jacket fit me extremely well out of the box. The sleeves are roughly half an inch too short.

I've concluded that it's impossible to take a good picture of one's own back. There's some slight oddness due to the vents still being sewn shut.

The pants fit less well. They're a traditional loose taper. I will have them slimmed and hemmed.

The fabric is of a surprisingly high quality. I did not expect it to be so nice. It's a very dark business-appropriate grey herringbone weave. I've included some close-up shots of the fabric. Unfortunately, my camera was not able to preserve the color at such a close shot. It's much darker in person.

Finally, hanging in the bag.

Very nice, bruschetta. I appreciate the review. The pictures are a little hard to interpret, but the fit looks really quite nice out of the box. Your shirt sleeves appear very long, even considering the jacket sleeves are short.

Either way, I think my favorite part is the tombstone box photo. Your mail carrier had to be curious...

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

greg_s, my shirt sleeves are too long. That shirt drives me crazy. It's one of J. Crew's pure linen shirts and, for whatever reason, it stretches out over the day so that by the evening my sleeves are 2" longer than when I put it on in the morning. I may just have the sleeves shortened another 2" and whirl the damn thing around above my head by the sleeves to loosen it up before wearing it.

Comment

Immediately thought of this. I don't know why. Skip to about 25 seconds in if you feel the need to get to the part I'm referencing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHnA94-hTC8

Comment

greg_s, that will be me with the linen shirt.

Comment

Consider that image burned into my mind

Comment

Nice review, thanks! I have been planning on ordering a SuitSupply suit, probably in a year or so. I'm glad to hear the fabric is so nice in person. I stopped by their main store in Amsterdam as I happened upon it while wandering around during a break in a conference this summer, and I was really impressed by their suits (and prices). Seems like the best deal going.

Comment

Wow. You have an excellent silhouette.

Comment

nicholascrawford, thank you. You're a true gentleman.

bb, The fabric and construction are excellent. I just wish that they would introduce more notch lapels into their lineup.

Comment

Many thanks for this review. Looks like an excellent purchase.

I'm dying to purchase a suit from them, but I think I'm too slim. Too bad about those 'washington cut' peak lapels.

edit: although there are some pretty 'out there' notch lapels as well. Wow.

Comment

Thanks for the review and unboxing. My J.Crew Thompson suit wasn't nearly as protected from shipping damage and wrinkles as your SuitSupply. I really like that fabric--it's like the grey herringbone I was considering from Indochino.

Comment

Thanks for this, as i've long planned on trying them out at some point and this makes me feel a bit better about it.

Comment

Working...
                        X