J. Crew Sweater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J. Crew Sweater

Hi guys, another question here. I see that J.Crew Factory is having an extra 30% off sale. I'm wanting to get my first v-neck sweater but am worried about selecting the right size. I am a small in J.Crews tartan sport shirts. I used to always just get medium everything because I have trouble finding shirts that fit well. I'm 5'10" 170 and much bigger in the chest and shoulders than in the waist. For sweaters, do you order the same size as most of your shirts or do you go one size bigger to accommodate shirts underneath? Any recommendations as far as normal fit versus the slim? Any help would be great, thanks!

I just got one of their Factory Cotton/Cashmere v-necks and I ordered it in the same size that I order their washed/sport shirts (S). If I went bigger it would be too long in the sleeves and at the bottom.

Comment

BJ was that the regular or the slim?

Comment

ShruggingAtlas, I purchased a couple of their factory merinos in size medium last year. They fit me everywhere but the length. The length was short. I'm 5'10-5'11", 165lbs, 15.5x33", 38-40R jacket, 31-32 waist.

They look good, but the quality wasn't very good. Neither of the sweaters made it through the season.

Comment

Thanks for the info bruschetta. My measurements are similar to yours so a medium slim might fit but now I'm re-thinking it. I probably wouldn't spend more than 40 for a sweater so is this a good choice for the price point or is there a better alternative?

Comment

@Shrugging - Regular

Comment

@bruschetta

thanks for the heads up...I havent bought a factory sweater in a while, and my last one was junky as well. I was rethinking it again today..but Im glad you provided your feedback so that others can make informed decisions.

kudos!

Comment

Working...
              X