Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Spend $220 in Johnston & Murphy Credit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Spend $220 in Johnston & Murphy Credit?

After having two pair of the Johnston & Murphy Cabarris penny loafers give me the exact same leather separation problem, I was able to get $220 in credit (on a gift card) to try a different shoe.

This whole experience has made me very skeptical of J&M's quality, and I'm considering selling the gift card and putting the proceeds towards a pair of shoes from a different brand.

What do you think? Should I give J&M a second try or cut my losses and go back to a tried and true brand like Allen Edmonds? If you like J&M, what shoes would you recommend I try?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Depends on what kind of shoe you're in the market for. Looking for something dressier? Go with AE. Looking for something more casual/less important? Go with J&M.

Comment

J&M's upper lines are of passable quality, but if the Cabarris has given you such problems... Tough call. JM has some nice shoes, but most are either $275 or $175, so you'd either be downgrading with money left on the card or throwing in money on top. If I were you I'd get a pair of $175 and a belt or something. The Letsons in brown are nice.

Comment

Dear Kenneth,

I've been eyeing that shoe but in grey.

Comment

Me too, and they're on sale. Not a bad looking wholecut.

Comment

Sell the GC (3rd party website or privately?) for $190-$200 and use the cash on something you really want? I'm not sure exactly what % you can get for it, but know they have websites where people can buy/swap with other people. I'm not sure if all are reputable places, so do your HW before selling it on a site.

Comment

@BJ - I think I agree with your thinking on this one. If I keep the gift card I'll probably get a couple pair of beater shoes to add to the rotation

@Kenneth - That Letson is a pretty sharp shoe for a good price. When I searched "Letson" on J&M's website, my phone autocorrected it to "Letdown". I got a good laugh out of that

@BeachDoc - I considered this option, I'm just wondering if anyone will want a J&M gift card. I guess I won't know until I try!

Comment

Working...
              X