Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colors to match w/ J. Crew "black wash" jeans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colors to match w/ J. Crew "black wash" jeans?

Hi, first time poster here. I picked up a pair of J. Crew Factory "urban slim jean in black wash" from an outlet yesterday, as I really loved the fit. I didn't notice the words "black wash" on the tags, and in my haste I just figured they were just a darker blue wash. Now that I've seen the tags, and taken a closer look, I'm completely confused about what color they are...they don't look quite blue, nor quite black. I can't tell what would be best to wear them with...most of my shirts are of the navy blue plaid variety, so I want to make sure they'll work with my wardrobe. Anyone have experience with these?

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_factory_category/bestfall/PRDOVR~90681/99102756436/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~205+16+4294966726~15~ ~~~~~~/90681.jsp

And, I DON'T like straight up black jeans, so there is a bit of sensitivity there already

Thanks y'all.

Ryan

Looks like they are meant to be almost charcoal. I'd say lots of things will pair with that just fine. They certainly don't look black/black to me.

Comment

double

Comment

"Black denim" has become a confusing term. In recent years, it's as likely to mean "overdyed indigo" as it is "true black."

I can't speak to this definitively without seeing the jeans in question in person, but based on the photo at JCrew.com, those look like some variant of the former.

In other words, they don't look black to me.

Comment

Working...
        X