Ratio or Charles Tyrwhitt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ratio or Charles Tyrwhitt?

So both Ratio and CT are having pretty big sales. The Ratio shirts end up being slightly more expensive, if only because the CT shirts are crazy cheap when using this http://www.livingsocial.com/deals/434474 and the Ratio shirts come out to 60 after the deal. I don't mind paying more for the Ratio shirts, especially if they're higher quality. And customizing the fit is very appealing.

IMO, Ratio by leaps and bounds here. That being said some CT shirts are pretty nice as well (quality does vary shirt to shirt; some fabrics are nice and some feel cheap), assuming they fit you decently OTR.

Comment

I have been very happy with the CT shirts I own, but the Ratio shirts are of a much higher quality.

Comment

Just want to echo bremersm. You should be satisfied with CT. Good quality shirts that fit well. But Ratio is just a step above. Can't beat it for $60 bucks. Plus CT you can get them for 40-50 a piece during their bigger sales which seem to happen seasonally.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

Can the livingsocial deal be combined with their 4 for $200 deal going on right now?

Comment

Dear LosRockets,

If I read the fine details correctly, then yes, you can.

Comment

Yeah, that's why I asked--that makes the CT shirts really cheap with the livingsocial deal. And if you can somehow stack codes, that makes them 25 bucks a piece.

Comment

Fail, no 32" sleeve lengths on those CT shirts.

Comment

So if I can get this straight it'd be $150 for 4? ($100 off $200 + the $50 for the certificate). $35 is a good price! I have never bought a CT shirt before - if I'm 5'9 and 165, and 15.5/34-35 in most shirts and a Calibrate Trim Fit B/W Gingham fits me well, should I go for the Slim or Extra Slim fit? I'm worried about the Extra Slim because the Nordstrom Trim Fit in the same size is a bit too tight on me. I've definitely never considered myself an extra-slim fit so I'm leaning toward the slim.

Comment

Los Rockets, they have a nice detailed measurement chart on their website. I'd say you'd be good with the tailored fit depending on your waist because CT is cut a skosh bigger.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

I've got a 39" chest and my waist (pants size) is a 32". Not sure which way I should be going, I have a bit of pudginess around the midsection also.

Comment

@tomservo - the Tailored Fit shirts have been re-named Extra Slim Fit in the new Fall catalog. Perhaps this is to reflect the same naming conventions as Brooks Brothers.

@LosRockets - I have a 37.5" chest and generally wear a 31" waist size in pants. I think the Extra Slim Fit will be fine on you. I could stand to tailor the shirts I've bought just a bit, but they are passable without tailoring. Given the fact that I'm a little smaller than you in the chest and the waist, it might just fit you dead-on.

Comment

I don't think the Charles Tyrwhitt Living Social deal can be used with the 4 for 200 deal. If you click on the "fine print" tab, then on "other conditions apply" it specifically states "Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion."

Comment

From the promo. website:

- Your promotional coupon is valid for all multi-buy offers on site including 4 shirts for $199 and 2 ties for $80

Comment

Ooooh. Interesting. Now it's a debate between a single ratio shirt and 4 of these. I'm badly in need of nice, fitted dress shirts. How does the quality of CT compare to J. Crew or Nordstrom/Calibrate? I know that Ratio blows all 3 of these away.

Comment

Working...
                              X